CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info.... - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info....

I will pre check hotel on 4/25. I'm staying there on my way to Laughlin. About half way for me.

Let us know what you think, and find a place for the AM meal.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Let us know what you think, and find a place for the AM meal.
    Will do.

Reservation made. Possibly bringing 2 guests/riders.

Currently in Cortez at Super 8. If you're particular or bringing someone who is you might want to check out another place. Parking isn't great due to not being able to see bike and rooms are eh. Gas, food, drink within walking distance is a bonus but most hotel/motels are in this town. Lots of "wellness" shops so stock up on brownies while you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Currently in Cortez at Super 8. If you're particular or bringing someone who is you might want to check out another place. Parking isn't great due to not being able to see bike and rooms are eh. Gas, food, drink within walking distance is a bonus but most hotel/motels are in this town. Lots of "wellness" shops so stock up on brownies while you're here.
    Thanks for the recon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    Thanks for the update. I was concerned about that Super 8. At those rates, it had to be on the lower end of the scale. The rate is good, but I guess I fit in the "bit particular" group. I like a nice, clean place, and it must have a really good bed for my back. I had looked earlier at other locations, but that time of the year they are all pretty expensive as lots of tourists going to Mesa Verde stay in Cortez. I'll be starting a 7-day trip next week and our first night will be in Cortez -- we are staying at the Hampton Inn, which I know will be nice. But expensive in August. Will have to give the lodging some thought.

Have fun in Laughlin. I've done that with friends several times and always enjoyed it, but that was years ago.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    Thanks for the update. I was concerned about that Super 8. At those rates, it had to be on the lower end of the scale. The rate is good, but I guess I fit in the "bit particular" group. I like a nice, clean place, and it must have a really good bed for my back. I had looked earlier at other locations, but that time of the year they are all pretty expensive as lots of tourists going to Mesa Verde stay in Cortez. I'll be starting a 7-day trip next week and our first night will be in Cortez -- we are staying at the Hampton Inn, which I know will be nice. But expensive in August. Will have to give the lodging some thought.

Have fun in Laughlin. I've done that with friends several times and always enjoyed it, but that was years ago.
    The bed is actually the best part of the room. The free breakfast is typical for Super 8. I will not be staying here for the rally if my spouse comes with. She has a thing about other peoples hair in the shower and sink. I'm not to particular but I might try another place out Sunday night for a comparison.

Beats sleeping in the back of a deuce and a half, or under a shelter half.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Beats sleeping in the back of a deuce and a half, or under a shelter half.

Yeppers. Been there...done that.