2018 Orders

Thread: 2018 Orders

2018 Orders

I went to my Honda dealer on October 25, the day after the big announcement to place my order on a base Goldwing (without the trunk) and was told that they would be able to order the bikes in November. I got a call today telling me that they are ordering the new bikes today, but they are only able to order the touring models and not the base Goldwings. They were not given any information on when they could order the Goldwings or when they might be available in the showrooms. I'm guessing that Mother Honda expects the touring model to be a big seller and they are prioritizing those first. I could get the touring model and take off the trunk, but I prefer the blacked out look of the base model and I will wait for that.

I was told two weeks ago that the standard Goldwing would be at the dealers in March. Not sure how true it is but the salesperson seemed confident. I got this from a Maryland dealer.

Dealer in Madison, Wi, told me today, they have taken several orders already, and were told they would have the new bikes in the showroom by mid Feb. I'm keeping my 6, but do plan to go check them out.

Taking orders from customers is completely different than putting an order in to Honda for the actual bike.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    Taking orders from customers is completely different than putting an order in to Honda for the actual bike.
    True dat !!!

2018 orders

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    They're gonna try to sell the touring model for the money and you can take the trunk off. They know that base models are gonna out sell them for the simple fact that its cheaper and you can buy the trunk and add lights and still be way cheaper than the big bike.