New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Solar Power sounds good. How ever, producing the batteries, is not so good to the enviornment, or to people. And when these battery operated vehicles crash, and they do, burning and or exploding batteries really sucks to the rescue personel, and the vehicle recovery people. And where are we putting these damaged, leaking "super batteries"?

Like Willtill, I feel what some perceive as healthy, may be unhealthy to me; as it relates to the end game.
    These complaints sound pretty antiquated. You could almost substitute the same arguments from the time we went from horse drawn carriages to automobiles. "They're so dangerous. I don't trust the technology. When they crash gas is highly flammable and can explode." It sounds like garden variety resistance to change without much reason.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I'm not sure, Ths61, but maybe? Don't people often have to be forced to do healthy things against their natural inclinations for the greater good? That's why laws are necessary. It's unfortunate that our natural inclinations don't all lead to the healthiest outcomes, but it seems like that's often the reality of human nature.

Jason
    In this case it is a scam, as well as others. The taxpayers are being ripped off and the politicians are paying kickbacks to their pals by stealing from the people they are suppose to serve. Same goes for BHONoCare. The already rich insurance companies have doubled their profits "for the good of all". It is a big con game and some people are too gullible to see what they are doing, "for the good of all". If the company can't stand on its own merits, it should fail. You could sell arsenic "for the good of all people" as long as the masses are forced to pay for it until there are no more masses to pay for it.

People are starting to realize that solar is a scam and have stopped renting/leasing/2nd/3rd mortgaging it. Now that they can't sell it, they are starting to try and offer DIY kits and schools to sell the crap.

BHO's Solindra scam was such an obvious kickback to his big donors that he actually changed the bankruptcy payout laws at the same time so his cronies would get paid out first and the shareholders would get screwed.

Elan Musk is playing the same game. He has never met a taxpayer he didn't like. We are paying for his developments and then funding the rich to buy his $100,000 cars that have the same carbon footprint as gasoline vehicles when you consider the entire manufacturing process. The middle class can't afford them because they are being forced to pay the rich to buy them.

These complaints sound pretty antiquated. You could almost substitute the same arguments from the time we went from horse drawn carriages to automobiles. "They're so dangerous. I don't trust the technology. When they crash gas is highly flammable and can explode." It sounds like garden variety resistance to change without much reason.

Jason
    Well, plenty of actual crash videos on line, and fire dept test crashes, showing the difficulties of putting out these type fires. Firefighters must wear masks and respirators. Some of the chemicals in the electric fires cannot be extinguished with water, must use special foams, then must call in Haz-Mat teams for final cleaning of crash sites, etc. That's not "garden variety" resistance. I'm not against progress, but these are real issues.

Well, plenty of actual crash videos on line, and fire dept test crashes, showing the difficulties of putting out these type fires. Firefighters must wear masks and respirators. Some of the chemicals in the electric fires cannot be extinguished with water, must use special foams, then must call in Haz-Mat teams for final cleaning of crash sites, etc. That's not "garden variety" resistance. I'm not against progress, but these are real issues.
    Not to mention the Chevy Volt's spontaneous combustion features.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    In this case it is a scam, as well as others. The taxpayers are being ripped off and the politicians are paying kickbacks to their pals by stealing from the people they are suppose to serve. Same goes for BHONoCare. The already rich insurance companies have doubled their profits "for the good of all". It is a big con game and some people are too gullible to see what they are doing, "for the good of all". If the company can't stand on its own merits, it should fail. You could sell arsenic "for the good of all people" as long as the masses are forced to pay for it until there are no more masses to pay for it.

People are starting to realize that solar is a scam and have stopped renting/leasing/2nd/3rd mortgaging it. Now that they can't sell it, they are starting to try and offer DIY kits and schools to sell the crap.

BHO's Solindra scam was such an obvious kickback to his big donors that he actually changed the bankruptcy payout laws at the same time so his cronies would get paid out first and the shareholders would get screwed.

Elan Musk is playing the same game. He has never met a taxpayer he didn't like. We are paying for his developments and then funding the rich to buy his $100,000 cars that have the same carbon footprint as gasoline vehicles when you consider the entire manufacturing process. The middle class can't afford them because they are being forced to pay the rich to buy them.
    Musk released all Tesla patents to the general public so that other car makers can also make lower emissions vehicles. I don't believe he's scamming anybody. I think he's genuinely trying to make a positive impact on the planet. And given how entrenched the oil and gas industry is, and how much less efficient it is by comparison, I think we should be adapting towards electric by whatever mechanisms necessary, especially when it will eventually be net cheaper anyway, and MUCH better for the planet.

Jason

Read the article published today by Barrons..It pretty much tells it like it is and I totally tend to agree...The major players in the automobile industry, Mercedes. BMW, Ford, GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc. will crush Tesla's efforts very soon..Tesla is burning way to much cash, has to many challenges in the future, does not have enough production to make a dent in the industry, etc. etc. Musk is a typical "BS" artist and when he loses taxpayer support and other incentives...Goodbye!!...Most other car makers already have electric cars, self driving cars, and battery technology that matches that of Tesla, better dealer networks, and cars that many can afford...The "big-rig" concept for over the road driving is a joke...Ask most truckers about this monster....Not against improving technology and future advances, just a little tired of government/tax payer money going to support this guy!!!....JMHO and ride safe

I'm not saying there aren't new adaptations required for electric, jm21. I'm just saying that's always the case with every new thing. Just imagine yourself as a horse drawn carriage passenger who saw your first automobile fire on a road. You'd probably think it was pretty dramatic, and much more dangerous than a carriage, and that would never happen with a carriage. And you'd be right. But would that have been a good enough reason to stem progress? I don't think so then or now.

Jason

Solar Power sounds good.....
    Yeah, but my solar powered F6B prototype doesn't do very well after dusk!
    And the Wind Turbine prototype keeps getting bent blades from hitting the traffic signals.

Musk released all Tesla patents to the general public so that other car makers can also make lower emissions vehicles. I don't believe he's scamming anybody. I think he's genuinely trying to make a positive impact on the planet. And given how entrenched the oil and gas industry is, and how much less efficient it is by comparison, I think we should be adapting towards electric by whatever mechanisms necessary, especially when it will eventually be net cheaper anyway, and MUCH better for the planet.

Jason
    Musk's profit, company and pseudo-philanthropy will end the same day the mandatory taxpayer funding is removed.

Elon Musk's empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies

It is very easy to "make" a few million when you are GIVEN BILLION$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Read the article published today by Barrons..It pretty much tells it like it is and I totally tend to agree...The major players in the automobile industry, Mercedes. BMW, Ford, GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc. will crush Tesla's efforts very soon..Tesla is burning way to much cash, has to many challenges in the future, does not have enough production to make a dent in the industry, etc. etc. Musk is a typical "BS" artist and when he loses taxpayer support and other incentives...Goodbye!!...Most other car makers already have electric cars, self driving cars, and battery technology that matches that of Tesla, better dealer networks, and cars that many can afford...The "big-rig" concept for over the road driving is a joke...Ask most truckers about this monster....Not against improving technology and future advances, just a little tired of government/tax payer money going to support this guy!!!....JMHO and ride safe
    Opus, I'll read the article per your suggestion. And I think some of your observations have merit. The production bottlenecks are a definite problem, and if he has trouble with his lower end model selling, I agree with you that could be a big problem for his business. But if other automakers end up swallowing him up, then it will partially be with the help of his technology through his released patents that they do so. Calling him a BS artist might be one of the biggest underestimations I've seen. He literally built the first ever reusable rocket with his company space x. Interesting dude. You should read his Wiki.

Jason