Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
That's for sure, the breakup was an insider trade deal for Congress with a wink and nod between Judge Greene and Bill McGowan as the useful idiots. BTW, members of Congress CAN and DO insider trading without any worries, however, anyone else try it and you'll be in jail. They also DO NOT contribute to Social Security as they have their own private pension fund. The real story with Hollywood and Congress, with all these sexual harassment bullshit stories coming out, is to cover for the larger story - the rampant pedophile and child sex networks in both places. Get your hands on a book called "Transformation" by Cathy O'Brien and you will find the real story underneath this smokescreen. Anthony Weiner is in federal prison for what amounts to nothing compared to what is really going on.
Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
i beg to differ with you my friend, I used to belive the same thing as it was true pre Jan, 1st 1984.
https://jeffduncan.house.gov/legisla...security-taxes
"The 1983 amendments to the Social Security Act (P.L. 98-21) required all Members of Congress to participate in Social Security as of January 1, 1984, regardless of when they first entered Congress. The laws governing payment of Social Security taxes and eligibility for Social Security benefits apply to Members of Congress in the same way they apply to any other covered worker".

If I understand the history correctly from the older employees I work around that's right about the time they voted themselves out of CSRS (Civil Service Retirement System) which they were in with the majority of federal employees. They then ended CSRS and transitioned all new employees hired from 1983 onward to FERS (Federal Employee Retirement System). Basically went from a fully funded traditional style retirement to a 401k type plan. Then they voted themselves a plan similar to CSRS. Wonderful plan CSRS was. FERS can be but they've made it a lot harder to work with and are trying to remove the safety aspects of one of the core funds.

I don't have the exact legislation that was used, however I'm fairly confident that one or more of the more informed contributors in this forum can shed further light on the subject.