Riding Pants for Short Legs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding Pants for Short Legs

Riding Pants for Short Legs

I went to a Black Friday sale at a motorcycle accessory store today looking to buy riding pants. I have an Olympia mesh jacket that works great. Unfortunately I have a fairly short inseam so the pants in my waist size were way too long. It doesn't look easy to shorten the length, so I'm wondering if any other riders had the same problem, and how they solved it.

Yes , I too have

I have the same problem my friend. We know there are some that complain
    their too short. I would be willing to bet there are more of us little guys .
    It is almost impossible to shorten ridding pants because of the zippers
    and such.
    Only good thing here is that when ridding it,s good to have your pants long.

I to have a short inseam, on a good day 29” inseam. Tour Master makes short, medium and tall. I ware a short in tour master pants.

I get this question a lot because I have had a long set of riding pants for sale for some time now and many ask if they can be shortened.

The issue with shortening riding pants is the knee protection will not be where it is needed and make it very uncomfortable to bend you knees.
    Try them on or make sure you can return them if buying on line.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I went to a Black Friday sale at a motorcycle accessory store today looking to buy riding pants. I have an Olympia mesh jacket that works great. Unfortunately I have a fairly short inseam so the pants in my waist size were way too long. It doesn't look easy to shorten the length, so I'm wondering if any other riders had the same problem, and how they solved it.
    Hi F6Dave

I saw a video from Revzilla about riding pants with a six inch cuff below the zipper that can be altered. Unfortunately I don't remember the manufacturer! Maybe you can email them and get the information.
    I have a 29-30 inch and inseam and have Sliders from Competion Accessories that come in short.
    Good luck with your search.

Weg

Get creative! I usually wear Bilt kneepads under my Duluth 5 pocket firehose pants. That was what I was wearing during my last off (4 years ago - run off the road on a corner by an oncoming HD rider who drifted into my lane). I went down on pavement at 40 MPH, slid quite a ways (I am a heavy guy, too - at 310 pounds). Tore through the knees of the jeans, ripped up a bit of the hips and rear pockets - and ground down about half the plastic on the kneepads under the jeans. Walked away with zero road rash.

When I'm on the bike, they are comfortable. When I'm off, they are comfortable - and invisible. Love those pads!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    I to have a short inseam, on a good day 29” inseam. Tour Master makes short, medium and tall. I ware a short in tour master pants.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Get creative! I usually wear Bilt kneepads under my Duluth 5 pocket firehose pants. That was what I was wearing during my last off (4 years ago - run off the road on a corner by an oncoming HD rider who drifted into my lane). I went down on pavement at 40 MPH, slid quite a ways (I am a heavy guy, too - at 310 pounds). Tore through the knees of the jeans, ripped up a bit of the hips and rear pockets - and ground down about half the plastic on the kneepads under the jeans. Walked away with zero road rash.

When I'm on the bike, they are comfortable. When I'm off, they are comfortable - and invisible. Love those pads!
    I like your idea. Am going to review those pads. I don’t wear riding pants but do the Duluth stuff. Thanks for the idea.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Knee Pads

I may try the knee pads, too. Even some of the pads you buy in the safety gear area of Home Depot would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I may try the knee pads, too. Even some of the pads you buy in the safety gear area of Home Depot would be better than nothing.
    Bohn Under Armour....gives you a thin, lightweight layer to house your knee pads. Also has pockets for hip pads. Does not make it too hot under jeans