Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Just swapped my blue 14 Valkyrie for a pearl yellow 14 F6BD. The bagger has Honda LED fog lights, Cobra six-2-six chrome exhausts, Mustang seat, Show Chrome heated grips with Show Chrome bar ends, Rivco black anodized highway pegs, Kuryakyn cup holder cubby. Bike has 6k miles. Previous owner just put new Dunlop E4 tires on and had her serviced. I changed the shaft drive gear lube to Mobil Delvac and did the engine oil with Honda HP4S 10/30 with a K&N 204 filter.

Probably going to take off the Rivco highway pegs and sell them if I have any takers for $225 shipped. Also noticed front wheel has no weights and is balanced smooth but rear wheel has 2 center clip on weights. Was thinking of removing the weights and installing the tire beads through the valve stem for the rear. Just not sure as I have to do more research.

Welcome to the "B" hive. You'll find just about everything you might want to know about the B, and some things you might want to disregard Enjoy the threads and post some pics of the new ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    Just swapped my blue 14 Valkyrie for a pearl yellow 14 F6BD. The bagger has Honda LED fog lights, Cobra six-2-six chrome exhausts, Mustang seat, Show Chrome heated grips with Show Chrome bar ends, Rivco black anodized highway pegs, Kuryakyn cup holder cubby. Bike has 6k miles. Previous owner just put new Dunlop E4 tires on and had her serviced. I changed the shaft drive gear lube to Mobil Delvac and did the engine oil with Honda HP4S 10/30 with a K&N 204 filter.

Probably going to take off the Rivco highway pegs and sell them if I have any takers for $225 shipped. Also noticed front wheel has no weights and is balanced smooth but rear wheel has 2 center clip on weights. Was thinking of removing the weights and installing the tire beads through the valve stem for the rear. Just not sure as I have to do more research.
    Just my opinion, and several riders on this site, but I would stay away from tire beads and have the tires balanced if you feel the need...Some swear by these beads, but most do not!!....Ride safe and enjoy your F6B...

Welcome aboard!

Dyna Beads

I have a front wheel on my old Valkyrie Interstate that is very difficult to balance. The wide aluminum wheels Honda used on those old Valkyries occasionally had that issue. I finally tried Dyna Beads and it solved the problem. I now use the beads in all my bikes.

I should add that the price of Dyna Beads is ridiculous. It's essentially ceramic proppant that's often used in place of sand for hydraulic fracturing. Energy service companies use MILLIONS of pounds of this in a single frac job, paying a tiny fraction of the price we get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I have a front wheel on my old Valkyrie Interstate that is very difficult to balance. The wide aluminum wheels Honda used on those old Valkyries occasionally had that issue. I finally tried Dyna Beads and it solved the problem. I now use the beads in all my bikes.

I should add that the price of Dyna Beads is ridiculous. It's essentially ceramic proppant that's often used in place of sand for hydraulic fracturing. Energy service companies use MILLIONS of pounds of this in a single frac job, paying a tiny fraction of the price we get charged.
    Glad they worked on your old Valk...but for the most part, they are a waste of money and not worth a decent balance job.....Ride safe

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Details?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Glad they worked on your old Valk...but for the most part, they are a waste of money and not worth a decent balance job.....Ride safe
    It sounds like you have some first hand experience with dynamic balancing. Specifically, what kind of problems have you seen? On what kind of wheels/tires and with which balancing product?

I also had poor results from both Dyna Beads and Ride On and will continue to use regular lead weights balancing the tire from now on.

Congrats on your new ride. You’re gonna love it. And you got the fastest color, too!

If you’re interested in selling the Rivco pegs, then you should list them in the Classifieds section of the forum. Someone will jump on ‘em. 👍🏽

Welcome to the club. Ride safe.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"