Some thoughts

Thread: Some thoughts

Some thoughts

This has been around a while so you prob have seen it already but it is an interesting read. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...r-motorcycles/

Interesting read. I thought there was nothing too extreme either way until I read this:

"Some group rides are excluding Darksiders. Police are ticketing them."

Anyone actually ever have either of these happen to them?
    Albuquerque, NM

I got a kick out of this line: "Harsh words are being exchanged and the size of various genitalia is being questioned on all sides". Personally I would much rather ride with a darksider than one of those flashing headlight bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Interesting read. I thought there was nothing too extreme either way until I read this:

"Some group rides are excluding Darksiders. Police are ticketing them."

Anyone actually ever have either of these happen to them?
    I personaly have never seen nor heard of any LEO tickets over running Darkside or group rides excluding Darksiders in my local area.
    Is this another case of.........

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanx!
    Now I feel i have been educated .
    I could not understand the reasons B4.
    Viola !

People are fake, body parts are fake, news is fake, what the hell can you trust in today ?
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    People are fake, body parts are fake, news is fake, what the hell can you trust in today ?
    I can trust that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west after that it's all a crap shoot IMHO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I can trust that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west after that it's all a crap shoot IMHO.
    There goes some crap, Quick shoot!,

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Trust in your own instincts and you'll live another day If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is Critics of Dark Siding are never short of "negativity"! We DS's have heard it all! Your insurance will be cancelled, your bike will not pass a vehicle inspection, you'll be ticketed by some 'Barney Fife", you will experience a "blazing death" and worst case you'll be humbled by not being invited to HOG Events/Rides! OH THE DRAMA OF IT ALL

Dark Side Article

As a Canadian LEO, i've never heard of any police agency in North America charging someone with Operating an Unsafe Motor Vehicle (Wording changes from State to State, Province to Province) due to a car tire installed on a bike. I'm also the president of a Police Training group that routinely meets with colleagues from around the world on police training, never heard of this and riding comes up a lot.

Personally I don't think it's the wisest choice put car tires on a bike. It's not what the engineers envisioned for their operation. I also don't but bike parts on my car either for the same reasons.

Choices made by consenting adults having been apprised of the risks, should be allowed to make them. According the Insurance Bureau of Canada you are 60% more likely to die in a motorcycle crash than a car crash. This is pretty risk stuff, but we take to our bikes knowing that there is no cage surrounding us and that most cage drivers are idiots who are pre occupied with their lasted text message and have virtually no proper training to be hurtling down the roadway in two tons of steel.

Ride what you want. Ride it well and perhaps as adults we can just all get along?