Muu haa haa haaa...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muu haa haa haaa...

Muu haa haa haaa...

(evil laugh)

Decided I required another Christmas present

Now my Garand has a little brutha...

Heading out to the range tomorrow... to run some food thru her... I have a feeling this is going to be more fun than my AR....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sweet, I talked myself into a Henry .357 Mag lever action ........

Nice little brush gun.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Oh heck no. Try my 7.5" barreled ARpistol. A basketball sized fireball and a concussion you can feel in your chest. That will make you smile.
    PS Bring hearing protection😎

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post

Nice little brush gun.
    Lever actions are cool. I like the mechanics and the feel of them. I've entered a drawing at the local VFW for a Henry 45-70 and I will be absolutely THRILLED if my ticket gets pulled for it

I have a Winchester Ranger 30-30 Model 94... that is a great bush gun as well. Shoots nice and flat, and it's one of the few guns I have where I can actually still see and use the iron sights well.

I also tore her down last night and cleaned and inspected her. Always am amazed how "dirty" new guns are when you purchase them. I know that the manufacturer tests fires them.... but really, can't they at least run a couple of swabs down the barrel afterwards?

This is one rifle that I may use grease on, for some of the wear points. Normally I just use G96 to clean and protect, and a little gun oil... but have been reading about using grease in particular areas with the Mini 14.

Oh... and I am going to have to scope this one... the rear peep sight is worthless to me. Ruger was kind enough to include their proprietary scope rings and a rail/screws so now I need to see if a scope appears in my Christmas stocking... working on that

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yes, lever actions are cool. I have the Marlin, 1895, in 45-70. Took it in the woods deer hunting, just a few short weeks ago. Sweet gun and round, when your in the woods!

J Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post

Nice little brush gun.
    Some time ago I managed to acquire a J. Marlin 1894 Cow Boy Limited with Octagon Barrel in .357 Mag! A sweet little rifle with a "smooth as silk", "lever action". Having a Ruger Revolver in the same caliber makes things easy. I refrain from firing .38 Special ammo from either gun as the shorter cartridges tend to "foul" the barrels The Cow Boy Limited is Original Version with the JM Proof Stamp on the barrel

I have a Uberti lever rifle. Beautiful gun. In the process now of building a 10-inch, 300BLK pistol
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Mine's a Weatherby Terramark RC in .338 Lapua with a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm. I'm trying to reach out and touch something far away. Still working on it (I can't get the picture to load).

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    (evil laugh)

Decided I required another Christmas present

Now my Garand has a little brutha...

Heading out to the range tomorrow... to run some food thru her... I have a feeling this is going to be more fun than my AR....
    Got to be one of my favorite rifles,.

Here's my 338LM

If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.