Will there be a 2014 F6B? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a 2014 F6B?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    lets just hope that its just a one and done
    Be careful what you wish for!!!

Nothing positive EVER comes out of a 'one and done' until perhaps DECADES after it's 'done', and no guarantee even then.

The Polaris MSX line of watercraft was a 'one and done'. Not worth a dayum dime now 10 yrs later.

Just sayin!

I would prefer F6B continues, that would lead to more accessories and the value of bikes will be more stable. If it stops after only one year many manufacturers, if not all of them,will drop producing parts for them as there would be a very small market. Also, many GW guys would say 'I knew it wouldn't sell without reverse and cruise' so of course value will drop. If production does continue maybe other colors will be offered, paint process perfected, abs and cruise may be offered (maybe on deluxe version for more money like it should have been from the beginning).

No matter what I plan to own it for the next five years at least. I have bought extended warranty from Honda that is transferable and unlimited mileage. So, if I sell it after five years of ownership the buyer will have two more years of warranty, which to me sounds like a great selling feature. Of course, I may continue to enjoy it longer, but the chances are in five years something else may come out on the market that I may like better, such as a new version of F6B (F8B? ) or a new GW.

Honda are doing what they and every manufacturer do in the rest of the world, back in England where I come from if you buy a vehicle in 2010 its a 2010 model and is registered that way regardless of when built its when its sold as new we just had a VIN plate with no model year on it, its like any other product a screwdriver could be 5 years sitting in a box but you buy it from Lowes and its brand new the day you get it, obviously vehicles are a little different and models change slightly every few years to keep the market moving but certainly not every year like we have here.

US buyers do not have the money to change bikes just to have the latest as much now this is why we are seeing these gaps, take a look on the Honda website they still sell and have stock of the ST1300 model years 2010 and 2012 there was no 2011 nor 2013 indeed take a look at all the models you will see 2012 and 2013 for the main.

Go take a look on the Honda UK site the GL1800 is just listed no model year just "New for 2012" http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/tourers/#!/gl1800/

Finally Honday only got models out in February/March of this year here we are 8 months on do you think a new model year is coming this soon?

Will you see ABS, Reverse etc on the F6B I would say that Honda are going to change nothing for several years if ever too much money has gone into this bike and they will not alienate current owners and left over stock by devaluing current product
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Agree fully with CHL and Pete.

If there is no 2014 F6B, I would hope that it is only due to the (rumored) plant moving to TN and be back in 2015.

F8B???? Ole Chit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Agree fully with CHL and Pete.

If there is no 2014 F6B, I would hope that it is only due to the (rumored) plant moving to TN and be back in 2015.

F8B???? Ole Chit!!!
    I doubt that the plant would move back unless Honda is getting serious .gov money to do so which is always possible but would normally be plastered everywhere for all to see.

They moved back to Japan because of the declining world market and needing work for the Japanese plants and workers, they moved lots of the high volume low cost Asian market motorcycle production that was being done in Japan to Thailand etc to accommodate moving the US and European production in Japan, they would of spent serious coin doing this they would need serious incentives to move it only 2 years later but as the global market has not really changed I cannot see they would have work for the Japanese workers to which the loyalty must lie as per local tradition.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Unhappy

I wish we in the US have the same kind of loyalty and tradition...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I wish we in the US have the same kind of loyalty and tradition...
    Yes indeed, in Japan it has been the case that you went to work for a big company for life, and pretty much they owned you but took care of you (In a Japanese way) sadly because of the world the way it is this is now changing although it seems companies like Honda are doing the best to keep people working at home.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Cool

Maybe 2014 Goldwing will see major improvements to the air bag design

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Maybe 2014 Goldwing will see major improvements to the air bag design
    Oh crap... my wife saw this post before I did which has officially taken the new airbag model off my radar.

My wife was the model for the new air bag!