VCI emitters - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCI emitters

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    Thinking back when I owned classic cars , there was a device that we used that if I remember
    correctly put a small charge of electricity on the car to prevent rust.
    Yea and they were all "Snake Oil" You might like to read https://corrosion-doctors.org/Car/ca...ronic-rust.htm for more info.

Here is a quoit from this very informative article, "One has to understand the principle of CP to understand that the technique works by forcing a protective flow of electrons to the metal that needs protection. For this process to work, you need a complete electrical circuit to bring the electrons back. In the case of an outboard motor on a boat, the sea water completes the circuit. In the case of a bridge, the wet soil completes the circuit. But in your car, the only way to complete the circuit on all the metal in your car is to drive into seawater, bury in soil or again park it in your swimming pool
    There are various products on the market claiming to provide cathodic electrochemical protection to your car, just by injecting electrons into your metal work - but they don't work. Countries like Canada and the U.S.A. have actually got court orders to stop these products from being sold - simply because they don't work. In your car, there are lots of little nooks and crannies where dirt and/or water can collect. The rust happens not where the metal is dry, nor where the metal is wet - but at the interface between the wet and dry metal. So if you screwed a bunch of anodes right on the interface or one or two millimeters thereof, you would protect your car. But you would need thousands of these anodes over your car."

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I think I read a long time ago, someone could take a Ford Model T capacitor (or something like that) and electrify a whole car's body which would thwart theft.

And dammit.. I wish my new credit card would come in the mail. I have found a really good deal on bulk 5.56mm which ends on 12/31/2017 and I don't have a usable credit card at the moment. My wife offered me one of her credit cards to use, but I am sure that the credit card police black helicopters would descend upon me as soon as I placed an ammo order. For all she does is buy froo-froo girly things with it..

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think I read a long time ago, someone could take a Ford Model T capacitor (or something like that) and electrify a whole car's body which would thwart theft.

And dammit.. I wish my new credit card would come in the mail. I have found a really good deal on bulk 5.56mm which ends on 12/31/2017 and I don't have a usable credit card at the moment. My wife offered me one of her credit cards to use, but I am sure that the credit card police black helicopters would descend upon me as soon as I placed an ammo order. For all she does is buy froo-froo girly things with it..

In That case I would order the most powerful ammo I could in pink!,

If you're using USAA they will overnight it for you. Don't ask me how I know.