air temp indicator - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: air temp indicator

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    With key on press "INFO" button above key for temp readout. Not accurate sitting still with engine hot.
    Noted. Gracias.

I find the ambient temperature reading on my 2016 B to be pretty worthless. It always reads a good bit higher than the actual temperature in most conditions. Even when cruising down the highway!!! So I almost never check it. The one on my old 2002 Wing was pretty accurate when cruising and there was good air flow over the sensor.

Not a biggie, but when I eventually am doing work at the sensor location I’ll ensure that it is seated properly. Might even get a new sensor to install at that time.....maybe.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Got to pick a good spot, many places it is expensive to live or have other bad things like crime. I like the northern gulf coast myself but some nice places in central Florida also but watch out for the high cost of living. The great and retirees have affected the cost down that way. The good beaches are from Dauphin Island AL to almost Apalachee Bay FL with the best being between Pensacola Beach and Panama City Beach. The temps on the coast on average run lower in the summer and higher in the winter than even a little bit inland. Lots of military bases around here which also helps the economy.
    Thanks for the info! Will do some checking into the area. Never been that way. Always spent my vacations in Naples and Marco.
    Would be nice to see sunshine more often than it is offered here in NE Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    I find the ambient temperature reading on my 2016 B to be pretty worthless. It always reads a good bit higher than the actual temperature in most conditions. Even when cruising down the highway!!! So I almost never check it. The one on my old 2002 Wing was pretty accurate when cruising and there was good air flow over the sensor.

Not a biggie, but when I eventually am doing work at the sensor location I’ll ensure that it is seated properly. Might even get a new sensor to install at that time.....maybe.
    Off topic.... But I love your avatar.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Few inexpensive temp readouts will be on the money correct. Even expensive industrial applications have to check and calibrate often. Honda does have a troubleshooting guide to check the temp sensor and it can be replaced if faulty. I do not think it can be calibrated. So if off a degree or two it should be that way up and down the line so you have to allow for the offset.

Maybe the air temp sensor can be relocated elsewhere, so that it provides a more accurate ambient temperature readout.

Need to look in the manual for it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Off topic.... But I love your avatar.
    Thanks. Pikes Peak on a spring day. Used telephoto lens to bring the snow-covered Peak in close and just the right aperture to have bike in focus and the Peak blurry.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Maybe the air temp sensor can be relocated elsewhere, so that it provides a more accurate ambient temperature readout.

Need to look in the manual for it.

It is supposed to be mounted inside the air duct of the right inner fairing. Don't know if anywhere would be a better spot than that for reading fresh air temperature. No matter where it is you can't stop it from reading heat from the engine if the bike is not moving. I have an aftermarket TI on another bike and it reads about the same as this Honda one, close but not perfect and you have to be moving.

I agree that red bike with the snow mountain background is a very nice photo.

Negative 2 degrees this morning so temp gauge is currently meaningless. Will be in Cancun tomorrow and 80 sounds much better.