My Mods to date with criticism.

Thread: My Mods to date with criticism.

My Mods to date with criticism.

Well it started the day my wife surprised me with my 55 birthday present, my 2015 Matte Silver F6B Deluxe.
    To be now referred to as Gloria. Did I say I have a great wife, well you figure that one out for yourself.

Being a long time lurker on this site, I am sure she figured out what I wanted in a motorcycle by my reading of this site religiously. She did a good job of pulling off a surprise and the story begins.

I rode out of Halls Honda and yes the first drop of the clutch had the dreaded hesitation, thanks to this site I was ready and yes it was corrected with the ecm reset. SCORE ONE FOR THE FORUM!

Gave a good going over in my shop as dealerships have been know for the overlooking key items. All was good on Gloria with one exception. Front fender was cracked and missing numerous fasteners. Dealership replaced fender and corrected the damage. Dealer was surprised the fasteners were missing and said obvious manufacture overlook at factory.
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

First change after 600 Miles was the oil and install of Madstad windshield, Heli Bars and Rivco Pegs. All ordered from vendors of this site and researched with hours of reading right here. All items were perfect fit for my riding style and put to the test on a run from home to a job in Maryland. Nice 1200 mi shakedown. SCORE 2 FOR THE FORUM!

I added a set of snake skin tank protectors and had adhesive issues from the beginning. They have sent replacements and still the adhesive is bad at the logo and has failed again. Like the product but the adhesive is no good so I won't recommend it.

One problem I have with Gloria is the throttle action. My complaint is it is sloppy and has very little feel. I added a Throttle Meister to correct the feel and add resistance when rolling along. I think this is a real personal item as to my riding style but recommend it if you like to have some feel to the gas hand.

Can't leave well enough alone, went over to Galvaston/Houston Texas Rally and got the bug to upgrade the sound with a set of speakers. Went with a set of Hertz 130.5 that are some what a drop in replacement. My feeling is they sound clear but as for increase in volume, the jury is out. I think they are a quality product but feel I should have went with J&M instead. The J&M have a proven record and are shown to have a increase in volume. SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH THE FORUM RECOMMENDATION!

On the way back from Houston I ran threw some blow out debris. On the next fill up I noticed a chunk of rubber in the exhaust shield area, next up Belly Pan Shield, installed at oil change with new magnetic drain plug. Cheap insurance for possible damage to the reservoir underneath.

Caught a good deal on a set of TBR Exhaust and Santa brought me a set of Torque Loops. This has to be the BEST change to the already great machine. I can not say how well this modification fits me. I enjoy the full exhaust sound and the bike is now free flowing. This is a mod I researched on the forum and went with. I AM GLAD I DID. What a sweet sound Gloria makes.. SCORE 3 FOR THE FORUM!

Winter Modifications, will it ever end, I will install the Progressive Front end and All Balls head bearings and the first run with purpose will be in February.

RIDING SEASON IS CLOSE!
    This year flew by.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL F6B RIDERS AND FAMILY
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

I think I am pretty much content with mine. I'm spending money on Home Audio upgrades again.

As far as the loose throttle, have you checked or had the slack checked in the throttle cables ?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I think I am pretty much content with mine. I'm spending money on Home Audio upgrades again.

As far as the loose throttle, have you checked or had the slack checked in the throttle cables ?
    +1

Throttle cables stretch (all cables stretch) after initial installation and use. Adjust your throttle cables.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537