seat upgrade recommendations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seat upgrade recommendations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

seat upgrade recommendations?

i've put about 35,000 miles on my 2013, including a few long distance road trips from Minneapolis to NYC, Seattle and Dallas. i'm planning to ride to and through the Grand Canyon this summer. i've seen a lot of folks speak highly of the Mustang Tripper Fastback seat and wondering if it is worth investing the shekels to upgrade from the OEM seat. with the OEM seat, i tend to need to get off my keister for a few minutes every 125-150 miles in order to ride 500+ miles a day. i'm wondering if the Mustang (or some other seat) would make much of a difference. Any recommendations?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

I rode on the OEM seat for 35000 miles. Finally switched to the "Ultimate Mid-rider. Very comfortable. Puts me forward about a half inch, and the front seems to be slightly wider. The back of the seat has very good "butt" support. I am very pleased with the seat. The Ultimate King, is for taller/bigger riders than me. I'm 5' 11". I have been told the Mustang will lower your position slightly, but I have not sat on one, so that's just what I was told. Should be more "seat" info on this forum, check it out. I usually ride thru Minneapolis, several times each summer, on my way to Plymouth. Possible you could check my "Ultimate" seat on a trip up this spring, if you feel like waiting till then.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I rode on the OEM seat for 35000 miles. Finally switched to the "Ultimate Mid-rider. Very comfortable. Puts me forward about a half inch, and the front seems to be slightly wider. The back of the seat has very good "butt" support. I am very pleased with the seat. The Ultimate King, is for taller/bigger riders than me. I'm 5' 11". I have been told the Mustang will lower your position slightly, but I have not sat on one, so that's just what I was told. Should be more "seat" info on this forum, check it out. I usually ride thru Minneapolis, several times each summer, on my way to Plymouth. Possible you could check my "Ultimate" seat on a trip up this spring, if you feel like waiting till then.
    i was wondering about the Ultimate too. how far do you ride before you need to take a break? i'd love to see it. i happen to live in plymouth i do a lot of work related travel - but if i'm in town next time you blow through, i'd love to take a look at the seat. i'm not in a hurry - and not entirely sure i have the money to invest. it needs to be a significant improvement over the OEM if i go for it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where my F6B and i have roamed (37,000+ miles)

You'll not find a better seat than the Russell Day Long. Your butt will be smiling. Well worth every cent. Just send my seat in to them, this will be my 3rd one.

one more thing

Just one more thing, I have a RDL on my V-Strom & sat in it for 9 hours straight, 7hrs. in the pouring rain. Got home, stood up straight, no aches or pains then or the next day. It's called a "day long" for a very good reason. Custom made (from pics & measurements you send them) for you & your butt.
    My "B" came with a Ultimate, it's a good seat for around town. Long haul, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    You'll not find a better seat than the Russell Day Long. Your butt will be smiling. Well worth every cent. Just send my seat in to them, this will be my 3rd one.
    I agree, just got mine back from them so I haven’t had much saddle time yet but I can tell it’s going to be the best.

I have the Mustang Tripper FastBack and love it. It gives more support for the lower back and is lower than stock while moving you back ~1". Btw, I am 5'11" with 32" inseam. Find the seat and the OEM Goldwing tall windshield 16.5" with vent a perfect combo for wind protection too.

I also have a Mustang I like the seat a lot. It looks great and it is a little on the hard side. After a long day I start to move around a bit, but not to the point that I need to get off.
    If I am traveling I will put my Air Hawk cushion on and then I have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I'm an Ultimate fan. I have tried all the production seats and none is as comfortable as the Ultimate. Excellent quality and great service. I haven't tried any of the custom seats. One thing I have learned is each ass is different and only you can make the choice.

As you can see by the responses, everyone has different tastes in seats. May be best to go to the F6B rally, and sit on several different seats. Every ones ass and body size and shape, is different, so no "one" seat seems to be perfect for all.