seat upgrade recommendations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seat upgrade recommendations?

I can vouch for the Russell Day Long, the way I came to choose it was talking to Iron Butt riders they swear by them. Plus, BIGLRY has had them forever so that sealed the deal. The comfort is mind boggling and it is the first time I actually wished my gas tank was larger so I DON'T have to stop rather than having my sore ass hoping the gas goes quickly so I can get off and stretch.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

RDL.............RUMP DOESN'T LANGUISH

Spend a few more bucks and get the Russell which is custom made from photos of your BUTT sitting on the B. It's like a Martin Greenfield custom made suit. You'll never regret it......the seat AND the suit. I haven't and have both.

RDL. Had one on my ST1300.

Hartco seat

Made to your height and weight best seat I’ve used, Mark will make you a great seat. Support the company that supports this form.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I rode on the OEM seat for 35000 miles. Finally switched to the "Ultimate Mid-rider. Very comfortable. Puts me forward about a half inch, and the front seems to be slightly wider. The back of the seat has very good "butt" support. I am very pleased with the seat. The Ultimate King, is for taller/bigger riders than me. I'm 5' 11". I have been told the Mustang will lower your position slightly, but I have not sat on one, so that's just what I was told. Should be more "seat" info on this forum, check it out. I usually ride thru Minneapolis, several times each summer, on my way to Plymouth. Possible you could check my "Ultimate" seat on a trip up this spring, if you feel like waiting till then.
    I'm an Ultimate fan. I have tried all the production seats and none is as comfortable as the Ultimate. Excellent quality and great service. I haven't tried any of the custom seats. One thing I have learned is each ass is different and only you can make the choice.

As you can see by the responses, everyone has different tastes in seats. May be best to go to the F6B rally, and sit on several different seats. Every ones ass and body size and shape, is different, so no "one" seat seems to be perfect for all.

Hartco

Good luck on your decision. I know many love their RDL but I bought a Hartco and have no regrets. Designed for your height and weight . Great folks and deliver what they say. Enjoy whichever upgrade you make. F6Broy

I always chime in on seat discussions to give my vote for ultimate. I don’t even get out of the saddle to pump fuel. Their customer service is second to none. Great company and excellent comfort.

I have had other brands on other bikes but have only tried the mustang and stock on the F6B. I did like being able to put my feet on the ground with the mustang but the comfort was not there otherwise. Couldn’t get past the looks of the RDL....function over form for most I guess.

While looking to upgrade my seat as well I found lots of good reviews for the Ulimate Seat and guess what? They are just an hour away from my house. I have had Russell’s before and they are great but the wings cut into my thighs when my feet were down and although great I never got over the looks of the Wings.
    I am planning on dropping in to their home base soon to see what they have.

Look into modifying the stock seat. I had mine tweaked to my size, weight, etc. 100% better for a fraction of the cost.