Possible concern for 2018 engines

Thread: Possible concern for 2018 engines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just look at all the small outdoor power equipment, chain saws, trimmers ect: All aluminum piston & cylinders in an air cooled engine running around 12,000 rpms.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Just look at all the small outdoor power equipment, chain saws, trimmers ect: All aluminum piston & cylinders in an air cooled engine running around 12,000 rpms.
    Yes, however I just blew up my 2 year old "Lightly used" STIHL chain saw that I paid around $170. The repair with parts is around $150

All aluminum, maybe I have a unit built on a Friday late afternoon or early Monday morning.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Yes, however I just blew up my 2 year old "Lightly used" STIHL chain saw that I paid around $170. The repair with parts is around $150.

Always look at the "emission compliant rating" tag on any new 2 strokes. They have 3 ratings 50 hour, 150 hour and 300 hour. Now these numbers are actually a compliancy rating, but keep in mind that the sooner they are out of compliance the sooner they will wear out.

Many Chains Saws, Trimmers and Blowers only have a 50 hour rating.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.