Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!

Hey Guys,

Well... the black systems are shipping as we speak, so expect them very soon!

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,
    Dustin

www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Chrome 6-2-6 Cobra pipes Dyno

The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...
    Dang, those are good numbers! Congrats!
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Quote Originally Posted by CobraUSA View Post
    Hey Guys,

Well... the black systems are shipping as we speak, so expect them very soon!

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,
    Dustin

Dustin,

Can you please post more pictures of those black pipes on the F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    Dustin,

Can you please post more pictures of those black pipes on the F6B?
    So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish

Attachment 3150Attachment 3151

Quote Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
    So here are the elusive black pipes. Not exactly what i was hoping for especially with the silver clamps and having to reuse the chrome heat shield. Hopefully Cobra will QUICKLY create and sell a matching heat shield. On a positive note i like the sound and finish
    Any drone for you?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Any drone for you?
    No drone but it could be because i pulled out 1 of the baffles.

Quote Originally Posted by Batwing View Post

Attachment 3150Attachment 3151
    Just remove the heat shields and have them powder coated. I had mine done to match the black of my "Rush Racing" pipes and am very satisfied. Takes a while to do it as there are a few pieces that need to be removed before you can get to the one bolt that hold each of the heat shields in place. Well worth the effort. I posted some pics under a thread about Rush pipes. Would work just as well on the Cobras.

Batwing...Looking for a possible solution to quiet the drone somewhat..Which baffle did you remove and is there any way to describe the sound change?? A little louder or lots louder or not much change???Any comments would be helpful as the drone sound is killing me at constant speeds..55-75mph...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Batwing...Looking for a possible solution to quiet the drone somewhat..Which baffle did you remove and is there any way to describe the sound change?? A little louder or lots louder or not much change???Any comments would be helpful as the drone sound is killing me at constant speeds..55-75mph...Thanks
    I removed the baffle from the longest pipe on both sides. It's not obnoxious but is louder than it was with the baffles all in. I have stock shield and wear a full face helmet so maybe that plays into me not hearing the infamous drone. It's in the30's here so I won't be riding for a lil bit.