Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!

Cobra Six-2-Six in Black on the Dyno!

Hey Guys,

Well... the black systems are shipping as we speak, so expect them very soon!

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Thanks,
    Dustin

www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Chrome 6-2-6 Cobra pipes Dyno

The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    The dyno sheet from when I had my F6B done...
    Dang, those are good numbers! Congrats!
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Quote Originally Posted by CobraUSA View Post
    Hey Guys,

Also, we threw a set on an F6B and put it on the dyno this morning. Made 103.6 HP to the wheel, not bad! Stock came in at 102 even, but we didn't expect much of an increase being that most of the HP robbing parts are ahead of the muffler.

Thanks,
    Dustin

Dustin,

Can you please post more pictures of those black pipes on the F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by CobraUSA View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks,
    Dustin

OH LORDY what a sweet noise! I've never really been tempted by slip ons on my other bikes but it's incredible how these transform the character of the bike. Maybe "unleashes" is a more appropriate term...

Black Cobra Six-2-Six pipes

Hey Cobra people...Are the baffles used in your latest test the same ones used in the chrome pipes?? Also,when do you thing the chrome covers for the pipe area by the clamps and welds will be available??...Per my earlier post and discussion with Mike these, I was told, would be provided free of charge to customers...I had my pipes installed by the dealer so how will you know where to send these unless someone contacts us on an individual basis.....Still waiting for my answer about the drone issue with a non-stock windshield, per your question to me.....Opas ride.......

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Hey Cobra people...Are the baffles used in your latest test the same ones used in the chrome pipes?? Also,when do you thing the chrome covers for the pipe area by the clamps and welds will be available??...Per my earlier post and discussion with Mike these, I was told, would be provided free of charge to customers...I had my pipes installed by the dealer so how will you know where to send these unless someone contacts us on an individual basis.....Still waiting for my answer about the drone issue with a non-stock windshield, per your question to me.....Opas ride.......
    Hello,

The baffles are the same in the chrome and black varieties... I'm not sure what you are talking about with the chrome cover, no such thing exists and we have no intentions of creating one. I spoke with Mike and he claims he never said that to you, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm also unsure as to what an extra cover would even cover. You're supposed to use the stock chrome cover to hide the CATs, and you're set.

Thanks,
    Dustin
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Dustin......Better check again with your guy Mike as I did not fabricate any story about these covers...As I said on previous posts, look at the black F6B on your web-site photo and you will see a much cleaner look/fit that does not expose the welds/clamps that are on the pipes on my bike...I am not complaining, or have any issues with this, I merely brought it up when discussing the drone issue and baffle questions regarding aftermarket windshields that may add to the drone....I plan on keeping my pipes for now and can live with the drone, but am merely looking for, maybe, some help from you guys....I sent a PM to Dustin and I hope you get it..Regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Dustin......Better check again with your guy Mike as I did not fabricate any story about these covers...As I said on previous posts, look at the black F6B on your web-site photo and you will see a much cleaner look/fit that does not expose the welds/clamps that are on the pipes on my bike...I am not complaining, or have any issues with this, I merely brought it up when discussing the drone issue and baffle questions regarding aftermarket windshields that may add to the drone....I plan on keeping my pipes for now and can live with the drone, but am merely looking for, maybe, some help from you guys....I sent a PM to Dustin and I hope you get it..Regards.....
    PM'd
    www.cobrausa.com
    Anything's Possible

Dustin, I sent you a pm but not sure it worked right...Thanks for the nice response and all is well with me..I suppose I got some bad info and that's okay...I think the taller windshield has a lot to do with the drone sound at highway speeds and I can adjust to it, Just do not want to hurt my ears...I noticed that with the face shield up on my HJC helmet the drone is not as bad so I will experiment with several different things next spring and find a workable solution...I love the look of the pipes, and the fit and finish is great so for now I am okay with them....Again, thanks for caring and responding to my concerns......