This cold weather is ROUGH - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This cold weather is ROUGH

The cold has moved on and we had a high today in the upper 60s with lots of sun. Riding tomorrow and it's supposed to be even better but today wife and I took a walk on the fishing pier out into the gulf. The water is really clear and looking so blue.

It's not nice to gloat!😄

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    The cold has moved on and we had a high today in the upper 60s with lots of sun. Riding tomorrow and it's supposed to be even better but today wife and I took a walk on the fishing pier out into the gulf. The water is really clear and looking so blue.

Nice water. No tar balls in it?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

No tar balls today but that white sand beach was covered with oil a few years ago after the Deep Water Horizon disaster. Many hours went into cleaning it up.

I bought some frozen shrimp (10 pound frozen block) a couple of years ago from a local seafood wholesaler and the package came from Louisiana. I swear to Hades they had an slight hint of an petroleum taste to them.

We threw them out.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

If This is Global Warming.... More Please!

Yesterday I was riding thru King and Queen County Virginia (pop 6,000).

This is beautiful country, if you can get over the fact that the county's biggest industry seems to be logging. Since I was coming from northern Virginia, I started this ride from Rt 2 (southbound) from Fredericksburg VA, and then Rt 721 to this road:

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/15....lsPESgnz.dpbs

Nice ride, once thru Fredericksburg.

Roads are in good condition along this route. Yesterday the road was covered with dried salt and a few spots of sand. Considering that a few weeks ago there was about 6 inches of snow alongside these roads... Anyway, yesterday it was 65F. The only snow I saw was in the ditch. I had to stop to remove layers and change gloves. Before noon.

I'm going to take a quick jaunt possibly later today on my F6B. 50 degree's here, roads are dry and most of the heavy salt has been blown away by traffic. No salt dust clouds anymore.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I just had the old Ultra out for a bit. The jetting doesn't"t like the cold so I try to take her out on the milder days. The computer doesn't"t care so my F6B is the cold weather ride.
    Not as nice as yesterday but wind therapy is always good😎

Riding on the Beach...

Yeah, but you will still get sand and salt all over your nice clean bike when you ride that beach. Just like I did yesterday in sunny ole Virgin-eee.

CAN you ride the beach? I see an SUV in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post