Harley Recall

Thread: Harley Recall

Harley Recall

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...-fail-52900102

How can they tell if the brakes are bad? I had a 1990 883 that felt like it didn't have brakes! Got rid of that POS!
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

I think its odd that its a recall for something that is REQUIRED in the owners manual. If you can't follow instructions....thats your own fault. Shouldn't matter that the HD stealership will charge you $900 bucks to change your fluid
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Interesting. The cause (deposits from old fluid) is similar to the one that caused the GL1800 brake recall.

Not a good time to be a HOG stock owner. Their Q4 2017 net income decreased to just over $8 million from about $47 million for the same period in 2016. They don't seem to have an answer for the aging of their target market. I'm not sure much of their competition does either. But I'm thrilled we still have so many great choices!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Interesting. The cause (deposits from old fluid) is similar to the one that caused the GL1800 brake recall.

Not a good time to be a HOG stock owner. Their Q4 2017 net income decreased to just over $8 million from about $47 million for the same period in 2016. They don't seem to have an answer for the aging of their target market. I'm not sure much of their competition does either. But I'm thrilled we still have so many great choices!
    Hardley is really having a difficult time moving new units out of the dealers...Perhaps many reasons including they just cost so much for what you get and the younger generations are not buying large touring bikes like they used to..Most of us older "farts" either own one, or have another brand, and as we get older just don't want to spend "huge bucks" for marginal quality and the same old thing.....I might consider an Indian Chieftain next year or so, but really like my F6B and have not yet seen the newer models.....Your right about HD stock "tanking"...not a good investment right now according to Wall Street.....Who knows what the future will bring, but I personally will never own a Hardley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I think its odd that its a recall for something that is REQUIRED in the owners manual. If you can't follow instructions....thats your own fault. Shouldn't matter that the HD stealership will charge you $900 bucks to change your fluid
    Thats BS the government forces them to do a recall for something required maintenance will prevent. What happened to people being responsible for their own actions?I have never owned a HD and probably won't but a lot of people love them. Next thing you know Honda will have to replace worn out tires because a few idiots had blow outs!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    Thats BS the government forces them to do a recall for something required maintenance will prevent. What happened to people being responsible for their own actions?I have never owned a HD and probably won't but a lot of people love them. Next thing you know Honda will have to replace worn out tires because a few idiots had blow outs!
    Yep,
    It's always somebody else's fault.
    Taking responsibility for one's own actions is now a nieve notion from the past.
    Last edited by Dirtstiff's F6B; 02-07-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

This thread reminds me I need to flush my own brake fluid circuits in the spring.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

US Gov. only does forces safety recalls that the Mfg. screwed up. == If Joe Rider doesn't maintain their ride it's on them. We all know at least one person that rides or drives, until it stops or falls apart. "Oh is that what that red light with the little oil can in it means!"

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    US Gov. only does forces safety recalls that the Mfg. screwed up. == If Joe Rider doesn't maintain their ride it's on them. We all know at least one person that rides or drives, until it stops or falls apart. "Oh is that what that red light with the little oil can in it means!"
    My friends wife tells me that she only adds oil to her car engine when the "little red add oil lite comes on". I won't ever buy they're car.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original