I did sit on the new Yamaha Eluder at the dealership. Sort of like a F6B with a v-twin, has a cool touch screen, gauges look good. The comments about premium fuel required gets my attention, as I am with Honda on this one, drive on 86 octane!

I don't know how many times I am riding with people on their big V and I am smoking by slow moving traffic on two lane highways, that is why I tell them the big mirrors on the F6B are there because that is where I am going to be watching for THEM to complete the same pass.

But what really makes me like the Honda's 86 octane requirement, is that at times we need to get fuel while driving on these back roads. Guess what, they need to find 91 and we can't!!!! I don't know how many times we have to figure out the exact range from their motorcycle to make it to another town that MAY have 91. Usually not. they put in the 87 ethanol mix and if it is hot out, their engines ping like a pig in the acceleration phase.

Damage? Who knows, they trade their Harley's before they get 5,000 miles on them. My Indian buddies don't seem to have the same amount of ping, my understanding is the computer is better at retarding the spark. For me, I don't worry about anything. 300,000 mile engine if you ride a lot, and never a concern about damaging the engine by running regular pump gas.