Day Light Savings Time...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day Light Savings Time......

WHAT?

This has ALWAYS been a confusing thing to me and I see it this way. You cannot save daylight! The sun comes up and the sun goes down at certain times and those times change at certain times of the year and moving the hands on your clock forward or backward does not extend or retract any daylight! When the sun is up we have daylight and when the sun is down.......well I think ya'll get it!

When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said…

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said…

‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’
    Good one!

Ah... the memories, and simpler times

As a youngster (I never thought I say that!) I was told the reason for daylight savings time up here in NE was for farm / crop production. Farming was a way of life and many generations lived on the same property to support the family business. They also would find additional work in the surrounding towns. The non-farming work / school schedules needed to be adjusted to allow people to tend to the family farms both before and after working and going to school in town.

It made sense to me but then again things were different then... The sisters at the school would would smack us with wooded yard sticks or pointers if we were talking in class. Then send a note home and we'd catch it again from our parents. We didn't talk back and we didn't have the Dept of Child Services on speed dial of our cell phones...umm, phone booths. Man I feel old.

YEP, the good old days. I pumped gasoline at my dads station for $0.27 / gallon (Hi-Test) AND had to wash front and rear windshield, check tire pressure and check oil for every customer. OK, waaayyy off topic. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    As a youngster (I never thought I say that!) I was told the reason for daylight savings time up here in NE was for farm / crop production. Farming was a way of life and many generations lived on the same property to support the family business. They also would find additional work in the surrounding towns. The non-farming work / school schedules needed to be adjusted to allow people to tend to the family farms both before and after working and going to school in town.

It made sense to me but then again things were different then... The sisters at the school would would smack us with wooded yard sticks or pointers if we were talking in class. Then send a note home and we'd catch it again from our parents. We didn't talk back and we didn't have the Dept of Child Services on speed dial of our cell phones...umm, phone booths. Man I feel old.

YEP, the good old days. I pumped gasoline at my dads station for $0.27 / gallon (Hi-Test) AND had to wash front and rear windshield, check tire pressure and check oil for every customer. OK, waaayyy off topic. sorry.
    Holy shit, sounds like me. I'm depressed now.....