Throttle lock safety Q

Thread: Throttle lock safety Q

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    I use a throttle lock by BrakeAway (P/N 7CP05), which has a brake-handle release, in addition to a dedicated switch-off lever, in addition to a friction throttle release. Beautiful craftsmanship and engineering. Works perfectly once it's installed, but it's a real pain to install (at least it was for me – took well over an hour!). It's not a exactly a cruise control, but it's nice to be able to rest my right wrist on long rides.

This one? --> http://wingstuff.com/products/36532-...ontrol-for-f6b

If so, I have been reading about it. Thing is, I have heated grips (factory).
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Been using the Go Cruise on every bike I've owned for about thirty years, the simple friction lock types are very easy and intuitive-reflexive to over ride. Never had an issue

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    This one? --> http://wingstuff.com/products/36532-...ontrol-for-f6b

If so, I have been reading about it. Thing is, I have heated grips (factory).
    Bummer – no you can't use the BrakeAway with heated grips (not sure why). Other than that, it's probably the "safest" throttle lock for the F6B. But any throttle lock that doesn't lock your throttle completely should be considered safe. And I believe all of them allow you to turn the throttle grip both ways, with some sort of adjustable friction.

And yes, that's it on Wingstuff.

We replaced my G/F's Kaoko with a BrakeAway = Like Circle-5 said, a real PITA to get adjusted juuuusssstt right, took several hours. Couldn't get a answer or a call back from BrakeAway. It is very pretty & great quality work. ==== Right now, I'm using a friction bar type (bar rest against the brake lever) but thinking I'll go for the Go Cruise, they seem to work well...... easy install too.