Good Bluetooth Solution
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bluetooth Solution

Good Bluetooth Solution

Thought I would pass this on, it may be useful to others.

Today I hardwired a BT module to the bike and it works awesome. Pairs automatically when you turn the bike on. I also added a dual socket usb power socket. They work great together as the BT module accounts for this accessory. I also stuffed the intercom wiring under the cubby so I could use the hole to run my phone cable. Here is the link for the Bluetooth accessory.
    edit... working on link

http://-------------------------/ind...bluetooth-aux/

if the link doesn't work... The website is electrical connection.com(one word). look under F6B page 3

Don't know why I can't copy and paste the link....

electricalconnection .com
    Last edited by broncsrule21; 02-03-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Good to know. Thanks.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original

A More Complex Option

That's great and you can't beat that price. I've always been pleased with items from EC. Lewis does great work!!

I just finished installing Bluetooth to my F6B, but a bit more complex and expensive as I wanted to be able to include a CB radio since the guys that I ride with use CBs. My current installation included:

--New HJC IS33 NIRO open-face helmet (I needed a new helmet) with Sena 20S EVO bluetooth headsets, etc. Will be able to pair with other bluetooth devices for bike-to-bike communications as needed/desired. Helmet shape fits my head really well and matches my bike also. 20S connects via bluetooth to the SR10 listed below and to my iPhone.

--Sena SR10. Mounted in my left cubby. Powered from switched power under left cubby via dual USB power port installed in the left cubby. Inputs to the SR10 include wired aux output from my ZUMO550 GPS (yes, it still works really well and I just updated to the new map version), wired output from my F6B comms system (probably won't use much but it is there as I wish; I listen to music from the USB stick in my right saddlebag via the speakers on the bike), wired connection to my Midland 75-822 portable radio which I also have in the left cubby, and wired connection to the CB PTT switch which is mounted by my left grip. I have SR-10 connected via bluetooth to my 20S on my helmet.

--For the Midland CB, I installed a Firestick NGP (no ground plane) antenna in place of the FM antenna on the right rear. I have the original FM antenna laying horizontal under the rear top cover and it seems to work just as well there as when mounted as stock. I purchased a second OEM antenna mount that is used for the FM antenna, drilled it out so that my CB antenna would fit inside the metal mount (ensure no grounding from the mount) and then installed that mount with the CB antenna to the original location of the FM antenna. Perfect as it is a solid mount and the CB antenna now comes out of the antenna molding on the right rear of the rear top cover and is a perfect. CB antenna wire runs from the rear of the bike and up to the area under the left cubby.

Everything seems to be working well, but I won't know about the CB quality until I get together with my buddies in a few months. With the NGP antenna I had trouble adjusting the SWR, but we'll see out it works and made adjustments to the antenna length as necessary. Nice clean mount, which is what I wanted.

My thanks to Hornblower from this forum for his help with my decision on the SR-10 and the mounting of the CB antenna in place of the FM antenna. He sent me a picture of the antenna mount that he made for his bike, but I thought it would be easier for me to modify an OEM FM antenna mount (which I purchased from wingstuff.com).

I also installed a dual USB power outlet in my right saddlebag (not switched) so that I can plug in my iPhone or SENA 20S EVO to charge while at lunch, etc. I think this will be very handy at times.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 02-03-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    Thought I would pass this on, it may be useful to others.

Today I hardwired a BT module to the bike and it works awesome. Pairs automatically when you turn the bike on. I also added a dual socket usb power socket. They work great together as the BT module accounts for this accessory. I also stuffed the intercom wiring under the cubby so I could use the hole to run my phone cable. Here is the link for the Bluetooth accessory.
    edit... working on link

http://-------------------------/ind...bluetooth-aux/

if the link doesn't work... The website is electrical connection.com(one word). look under F6B page 3

Don't know why I can't copy and paste the link....

electricalconnection .com
    I have been searching for a way to do this!!! Only question I have is can you have a Sena headset connected to the phone while playing music through Bluetooth to the speakers? I doubt it and I am not sure if there is a way to do both. Thanks for the link!!

Thanks for the info. Mine will be here Thursday. I was using one of these14bc0df7-3aa4-4559-aeef-ce22726ce489.jpg14bc0df7-3aa4-4559-aeef-ce22726ce489.jpg and was never really happy. Always hated having to charge it and the wires are a pain.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

I will check my Sena tomorrow and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Thanks for the info. Mine will be here Thursday. I was using one of these14bc0df7-3aa4-4559-aeef-ce22726ce489.jpg14bc0df7-3aa4-4559-aeef-ce22726ce489.jpg and was never really happy. Always hated having to charge it and the wires are a pain.
    I was also using a solution where I had to charge it, turn it on, and wasn't hidden. This is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I will check my Sena tomorrow and let you know.

Awesome!!! Thank you

F6Bster I have questions.
    Do you have any pictures? Did you go with the 2 foot ngp Firestick? What did you do with the extra length of the ngp coax?
    Sorry for all the questions but I have a similar setup... Sena smh10, Sena sr10 w/remote PTT switch for my Midland 75-822. However, I DO listen to my on-board infotainment center along with my music (which is plugged into USB port left saddlebag). I'm currently using the rubber duck antenna supplies with the Midland. Range is unreliable at best. Don't want to drill extra holes in my bike since I only hook up CB about 25% of the time but listen to the rest of the goodies 100% of the time.
    So. Replacing stock radio antenna with something that would possibly be a cure-all (for me at least) would be wonderful!!!
    Hmmm. I wonder how an am/fm/cb splitter from Firestick would work with this setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Awesome!!! Thank you
    I can confirm that this device will connect to my iPhone and Sena 20s at the same time. The key is going to the iPhone menu and make sure it is connected to both devices. It seems to auto pair to one device, then you have to manually connect to the Sena, good to go. Shuts down the music while receiving a call.