Throttle lock safety Q - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throttle lock safety Q

Been using the Go Cruise on every bike I've owned for about thirty years, the simple friction lock types are very easy and intuitive-reflexive to over ride. Never had an issue

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    This one? --> http://wingstuff.com/products/36532-...ontrol-for-f6b

If so, I have been reading about it. Thing is, I have heated grips (factory).
    Bummer – no you can't use the BrakeAway with heated grips (not sure why). Other than that, it's probably the "safest" throttle lock for the F6B. But any throttle lock that doesn't lock your throttle completely should be considered safe. And I believe all of them allow you to turn the throttle grip both ways, with some sort of adjustable friction.

And yes, that's it on Wingstuff.

Had the KAOKO and loved it, did a few X country rides and worked flawlessly. There is a little learning curve, and a trick with setting the speed, but after that it's a cinch. Also once the friction is on you can increase and decrease the speed easily. And once it is set and you have to brake quickly it becomes second nature to, in reaching for the brake, to run your palm over the friction wheel to unlock the throttle.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 02-05-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

I bought a Throttlemeister which has the tightener on the end of the grip. It's not cruise control., but I enjoy it better than a thumb lock mechanism. It was about $160 if I recall, but well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by dustytrader View Post
    I bought a Throttlemeister which has the tightener on the end of the grip. It's not cruise control., but I enjoy it better than a thumb lock mechanism. It was about $160 if I recall, but well worth it
    +1
    Used throttlemeister, quality piece.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

We replaced my G/F's Kaoko with a BrakeAway = Like Circle-5 said, a real PITA to get adjusted juuuusssstt right, took several hours. Couldn't get a answer or a call back from BrakeAway. It is very pretty & great quality work. ==== Right now, I'm using a friction bar type (bar rest against the brake lever) but thinking I'll go for the Go Cruise, they seem to work well...... easy install too.