Good Bluetooth Solution - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bluetooth Solution

Quote Originally Posted by broncsrule21 View Post
    I can confirm that this device will connect to my iPhone and Sena 20s at the same time. The key is going to the iPhone menu and make sure it is connected to both devices. It seems to auto pair to one device, then you have to manually connect to the Sena, good to go. Shuts down the music while receiving a call.
    Same for me. I can connect my 20S to the SR10 Bluetooth unit and to my iPhone at the same time. I went that route vs connecting my iPhone to my SR10, although that would work also.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    F6Bster I have questions.
    Do you have any pictures? Did you go with the 2 foot ngp Firestick? What did you do with the extra length of the ngp coax?
    Sorry for all the questions but I have a similar setup... Sena smh10, Sena sr10 w/remote PTT switch for my Midland 75-822. However, I DO listen to my on-board infotainment center along with my music (which is plugged into USB port left saddlebag). I'm currently using the rubber duck antenna supplies with the Midland. Range is unreliable at best. Don't want to drill extra holes in my bike since I only hook up CB about 25% of the time but listen to the rest of the goodies 100% of the time.
    So. Replacing stock radio antenna with something that would possibly be a cure-all (for me at least) would be wonderful!!!
    Hmmm. I wonder how an am/fm/cb splitter from Firestick would work with this setup?
    Yep, the 2 foot Firestick NGP. Don't yet know how well it works and may not know for a couple of months. I don't live where I can check it out with someone so will not know how it works for a couple of months probably. I think it should work well. If not, then I'll install a regular antenna that grounds to the bike. That should work also as it worked on my GL1800 for years. You cannot cut or coil the special NGP coax and they have you put the extra length into a bowtie shape with 1' or more width of the bowtie. I placed mine in the area under the passenger seat area and it fit fine. No holes drilled for this installation.

Not sure on the splitter from the Firestick. I don't use the FM on the bike very often (I also used the USB from the left saddlebag for my music), and it seems to work just as well laying horizontal at the back of the bike as it did mounted.

Have attached a couple of photos. In the picture of the mount with the antenna, I put extra tape around the mount and antenna connection just to ensure that it not get grounded to the bike. After installation I did a continuity check to ensure that I did not have the antenna grounded to the bike. A reminder that I purchased an additional OEM antenna mount that I drilled out for the CB antenna. I was going to make a bracket, but decided that this was simplier for me and would give me the exact mounting location and angle. The original mount for the FM antenna is still attached to the FM antenna and I simply moved it to the back of the bike under the top cover. That way I can put that antenna back as original if I desire.
    CB antenna.jpg IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1125_sm.jpg
    Last edited by F6Bster; 02-06-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Thought I would pass this on, it may be useful to others.

Today I hardwired a BT module to the bike and it works awesome. Pairs automatically when you turn the bike on. I also added a dual socket usb power socket. They work great together as the BT module accounts for this accessory. I also stuffed the intercom wiring under the cubby so I could use the hole to run my phone cable. Here is the link for the Bluetooth accessory.
    edit... working on link

http://-------------------------/ind...bluetooth-aux/

if the link doesn't work... The website is electrical connection.com(one word). look under F6B page 3

Don't know why I can't copy and paste the link....

electricalconnection .com
    Does this still allow full control of the BT connected device like a BT dongle in the saddlebag? Or is it just a connection for streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Does this still allow full control of the BT connected device like a BT dongle in the saddlebag? Or is it just a connection for streaming?
    You can control the volume on the handle bars. I would think that would be about it. I also mounted my phone to the clutch mount during this adventure so I would have to control from there. I use a flash drive in the saddle bag for tunes most of the time, I like being able to use the bikes controls for that. For me, this was for the use of Maps, an app called Rever, and notifications etc. Plus with the 12v power plug, I can keep my phone from going dead while running these apps.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

You can control the volume on the handle bars. I would think that would be about it. I also mounted my phone to the clutch mount during this adventure so I would have to control from there. I use a flash drive in the saddle bag for tunes most of the time, I like being able to use the bikes controls for that. For me, this was for the use of Maps, an app called Rever, and notifications etc. Plus with the 12v power plug, I can keep my phone from going dead while running these apps.
    Thanks for checking the Bluetooth.So just to clarify, you can have your iPhone connected to the Sena then you can have your iPhone connected to the motorcycles Bluetooth and play music through the speakers on the bike. Just want to be sure prior to ordering this.

Does Rever let you download routes out have created elsewhere? If so, how many waypoints?
    Last edited by Av8er; 02-06-2018 at 08:20 PM.

I can confirm that this device will connect to my iPhone and Sena 20s at the same time. The key is going to the iPhone menu and make sure it is connected to both devices. It seems to auto pair to one device, then you have to manually connect to the Sena, good to go. Shuts down the music while receiving a call.

Duplicate post!! Sorry!!
    Last edited by Av8er; 02-06-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Thanks for checking the Bluetooth.So just to clarify, you can have your iPhone connected to the Sena then you can have your iPhone connected to the motorcycles Bluetooth and play music through the speakers on the bike. Just want to be sure prior to ordering this.

Does Rever let you download routes out have created elsewhere? If so, how many waypoints?
    Yes phone connected to Sena, Phone also connected to bikes BT. Music will play through bike's speakers from phone. As far as Rever goes, I just started messing with it last summer, but I kept forgetting to use it, or I would forget to turn it back on after a lunch stop. But having the phone mounted on the bars should help me remember better than keeping my phone in my jacket pocket. I can't tell you much about the app, I am just starting to mess with it.

Yes phone connected to Sena, Phone also connected to bikes BT. Music will play through bike's speakers from phone. As far as Rever goes, I just started messing with it last summer, but I kept forgetting to use it, or I would forget to turn it back on after a lunch stop. But having the phone mounted on the bars should help me remember better than keeping my phone in my jacket pocket. I can't tell you much about the app, I am just starting to mess with it.
    Thanks for clarifying, I’m gonna order one today.

I checked this out on the EC website, thanks for sharing.

So...if you pull the left fairing pocket...this will mount underneath, and use the 3.5 mm cable, correct? How does it get power?

I would like to mount my phone for turn-by-turn directions through the Bluetooth, and possibly for tunes, and would like to keep my phone charging while doing these things.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

There is an open power connection under the cubby. If you install a usb socket you have power for your phone. That BT module comes set up for that exact situation, as it fits right in between the power connection and the usb socket. The website explains it better than I can, but it is simple, everything is out of sight.