I'm still here and hoping to ride this year!

Thread: I'm still here and hoping to ride this year!

I'm still here and hoping to ride this year!

Missed out on most of last year dealing with illness that has got me down. Had some issues with dizziness while riding early last year that actually left me stranded a couple of times. After many doctors visits I have been diagnosed with Menieres disease which causes serious imbalance issues. Doctor has found that I lost a little over 90% balance function in my right ear with about 45% hearing loss. Currently I have not had any dizzy spells since Christmas and now have to go in every 6 months for hearing and balance testing to make sure it don't travel to the left side. I hope to be back riding again this summer but will be keeping it close to see how things go since the doctor seems to think the motorcycle aggravates the dizziness because of the leaning? Not sure but also not ready to give up my "B" just yet.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Good luck w/that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Was wondering what happened to you Eric. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Let's go riding when the weather warms up!

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkworx View Post
    Was wondering what happened to you Eric. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Let's go riding when the weather warms up!
    Looking forward to riding some this year since last was a bust. I barely got in 2000 miles in all of 17 and 16 was almost 10k. However getting stranded because you cant get your bearings to even stand up make it tough to ride. Not looking forward to this illness progressing as they told me it is disabling and I could even loose the right to drive at all!! That is really scary,... so far doctors say to proceed with caution since in the past the dizziness has given me warning but they said that could even stop. Not ready to give up just yet!!
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike