GPS above the dash?

Thread: GPS above the dash?

GPS above the dash?

Has anyone found a way to mount a GPS, a la Garmin 590, above the dash? I would like a GPS to be more in my line of sight, instead of on the handle bars.

I'm not looking for a farkle shelf, but I would like some way to have the screen front and center.

Thanks!

How about a farkle bar?
    http://farklebar.com

That's what I thought I wanted, went and had a bracket made to put my Garmin at the center of the dash. It ended up being to distractive.
    So I put it back on the handlebars.

I went off my windshield. Just used a longer bolt and part of the handlebar mount.

I mounted mine in a similar location as Lloydmoore1. I made a small bracket that is bolted up using the hardware from my Madstad shield. I then bought a second mount for the gps and attached it to the bracket.
    It has worked great for me so far and i like the position

If you have a Madstad...you can mount a ram ball to the base. Its a perfect spot.

I know the Electrical Connection isn't a sponsor but they have a lot of products for Wings. Well, couldn't post the link for the gps mount they sell, but they have one that mounts to the dash that you can consider.
    Last edited by bertrider; 02-09-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bertrider View Post
    I know the Electrical Connection isn't a sponsor but they have a lot of products for Wings. Well, couldn't post the link for the gps mount they sell, but they have one that mounts to the dash that you can consider.
    That looks like it will fit the bill nicely!!! Thanks bertrider!!

Now I just have to figure out how to power the thing. Are you guys just running off of the device's battery, or are you hard wiring to the bike? For the hard wire folks, how are you routing the cable?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bigs
    I have a 595 mounted to the clutch reservoir. I ran the wire from there to under the left cubby by removing the helmet(?) connector. (I don't know the name of that connector cable the bike comes with on the left side above the cubby.). The hole needed to be reamed a bit bigger. All the Garmin collection of wires are stuffed under the cubby. I wired it up to the power connector under the cubby. The problem with the Garmin is all the wires you need to stuff away if you don't want to cut them off. You can get splitters if you use that power plug for a USB or other power outlet in the cubby to run both. Make sense?
    WEG

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to mount a GPS, a la Garmin 590, above the dash? I would like a GPS to be more in my line of sight, instead of on the handle bars.

I'm not looking for a farkle shelf, but I would like some way to have the screen front and center.

Thanks!
    E
    There is a company called texelent. that sells a round bar that goes from one handle bar to the other.
    Connects just below the brake and clutch . Using this you can mount your GPS in the middle, which is
    what I did.
    Works great, look at the Wings store a sponsor.