after market exhaust question = quiet == OH NO!!!, not another one!!

Thread: after market exhaust question = quiet == OH NO!!!, not another one!!

after market exhaust question = quiet == OH NO!!!, not another one!!

I thinking about getting a after market exhaust. Don't want it too loud. I already have torque loops.
    Speaking from personal experience aka hearing it yourself;

Which after market exhaust is the quietest?
    Thanks.

If you are looking for quiet.... why change ?

I've got TBR's and Torq Loopz. I think they are just right. I've heard others on YouTube like the Cobra's, Rush,etc., and like the TBR sound the best, but I'm obviously biased.

I think the OEM are too quiet & most of the after market too loud ++++ BUT === I've only heard one aftermarket.
    Felloverboard in Apopka = you're about 30 minutes from Umatilla, where I live.

pipes

I've got Vance and Hines and they are probably one of the most quietest...almost wish I has a little more sound but with the Torque loopz it would probably be perfect....plus they look sharp especially from the rear. Let us know what you get

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I thinking about getting a after market exhaust. Don't want it too loud. I already have torque loops.
    Speaking from personal experience aka hearing it yourself;

Which after market exhaust is the quietest?
    Thanks.

Buy what ever you want that visually appeals to you. You can always change the sound / tone by modifying the exhaust. Most GL1800 aftermarket exhaust systems have 2.25” or 2.5” internal pipe inside the muffler canister. A baffle insert can easily be installed inside to quiet down the tone.

I have a set of TBR exhaust. It’s internal spiral louvered pipe is 2.25” and runs the whole length of the canister body. The end cap can be removed and either packing of stainless steel or fiberglass can be added to muffle the sound. Or you can do what I did. I cut the oem spiral louvered pipe off the end cap and installed a T304 stainless steel 2.25” pipe instead. This pipe has no holes nor louvers. This way it is actually straight pipe while the muffler canister body is just for looks. I did this to reduce the sound at cruise rpms of 2200 to 3000. It is quieter at cruise the stock TBR but louder under full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I think the OEM are too quiet & most of the after market too loud ++++ BUT === I've only heard one aftermarket.
    Felloverboard in Apopka = you're about 30 minutes from Umatilla, where I live.
    Perhaps we will meet up sometime... I go to Mt Dora often.