new seats - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new seats

I never said the RDL is a beautiful, sexy seat. It's made for comfort & day long rides w/o aches & pains.
    Ft Lauderdale to Daytona is max a hour for you isn't it?

I have a Corbin on my 2013 F6B with the Corbin drivers backrest. My buddy has an Ultimate King on his F6B. We live 40 miles from both the Corbin and the Ultimate stores in Ormond Beach (Daytona). We went over to both stores 4 years ago when we got out F6B's to check out aftermarket seats. Corbin did not have one to even sit on and the guy @ Ultimate not only had one to put on my buddies F6B but told him he could try it for 2 weeks and if he did not like it he could bring it back. He bought his and has been happy with it. I was not comfortable on the Ultimate, too much foam for me. I ordered the Corbin based on past experiences with them. Hopefully these days they have one in stock at the store to sit on. I am 6ft standing but only have an inseam of 30 inches so I am equal to a 6'5" person from the waist up. The Ultimate actually raised me up about an inch from the standard seat height making it too tall for my legs. I have had Corbin seats on previous bikes. They tend to lower my seat height about an inch from stock which helps with my short legs. I know that people complain that Corbin seats are hard. They are shaped more like a horse saddle. If you have ever been on a saddle you know that they are hard but people have ridden them for long periods of time since man first got on a horse. They are shaped for support not for softness. I weigh around 250 and the thick heavy foam seats like the Ultimate go flat in about an hour under me. The Corbin has a thin layer of memory foam that forms to your butt after about 1000 miles. I have put 25,000 miles on my F6B's Corbin seat, including many a 500 mile day, and have yet to find it uncomfortable. I also get a lot of positive comments about how the seat looks and my wife says the rear seat is very comfortable and she has had 5 back fusions. I think that every person is different in both taste and body size and form. I can only tell you from my experience that I love my Corbin. Corbin is very proud of their seats though. Keep your eye on the classified ads here on the forum as well as E bay and Craigs list and buy one that someone has bought and did not like and you will save a lot. While looking for the seat on those sites look for one for sale in your area with a Corbin and go ride it. Good luck with your search. I have owned 122 bikes over the last 50 years and the F6B is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I never said the RDL is a beautiful, sexy seat. It's made for comfort & day long rides w/o aches & pains.
    The ride is about 250 miles; 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Amen to function over form, BTW I think it has much better lines and look than the stock and many other aftermarket seats.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Amen to function over form, BTW I think it has much better lines and look than the stock and many other aftermarket seats.
    He says the same thing about that Pit Bull..................

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    He says the same thing about that Pit Bull..................
    Hey, when you look like me you always have sympathy for the ugly dog, no pun intended. If it wasn't for my sense of humor and ability to shower gifts upon the misses a cloistered monk would get more action than me.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 02-16-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Hey, when you look like me you always have sympathy for the ugly dog, no pun intended. If it wasn't for my sense of humor and ability to shower gifts upon the misses a cloistered monk would get more action than me.
    If the miss gets pissed , at least you have the dog!

I've woken up to uglier. Not to hijack the thread, the RDL is actually a nice looking seat I don't know why people think it is ugly. I think the wings make the thing, I don't see one out there that has better lines or form. Maybe a custom made with fancy inlays and material but those are usually uncomfortable. Actually you can customize the RDL, BTW, I've been trying to get into the RDL website with no success for the last couple of days has anyone else had the same trouble.

Never heard a farmer bitch about his tractor seat and I think they look pretty similar. I like mine and keepin' it.

Just got in to the RDL site...no problem.