Question re: 2018 Honda Goldwing

Thread: Question re: 2018 Honda Goldwing

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Question re: 2018 Honda Goldwing

Hello folks,

I have a question. I want the new honda goldwing. I really just need the regular entry level manual Honda Goldwing. But I refuse to buy that rootbeer colored bike lol......ugh! I dont like it....which means that I need to move up to the Honda Goldwing DCT..... BUT....this bike can switch from automatic to manual.....but the manual is paddle shifters on the handle bar....BUT I see a shift lever down by the riders foot in the pictures and videos that I have seen. Can I shift this bike with my left foot just like a regular motorcycle? or would I have to shift it using the paddles on the handle bar?. I dont need the Tour Model but need a better color then the rootbeer color.

Anyone know?

It is my understanding that both red and silver can be had with the manual and without being a tour model.

I remember an optional foot shifter for the DCT. It appears that it is an electrical foot shifter.

They have red and silver also in the goldwing 6 speed. 3 colors to choose from in the trim you want.

Yep, the standard 18 Goldwing is available in the red and silver (matte Gray)
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Hello folks,

I have a question. I want the new honda goldwing. I really just need the regular entry level manual Honda Goldwing. But I refuse to buy that rootbeer colored bike lol......ugh! I dont like it....which means that I need to move up to the Honda Goldwing DCT..... BUT....this bike can switch from automatic to manual.....but the manual is paddle shifters on the handle bar....BUT I see a shift lever down by the riders foot in the pictures and videos that I have seen. Can I shift this bike with my left foot just like a regular motorcycle? or would I have to shift it using the paddles on the handle bar?. I dont need the Tour Model but need a better color then the rootbeer color.

Anyone know?
    https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing/build.aspx
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Yes, ok, Now I see it. Thank you. You guys are the best.

From the link Jhox provided, when you get to accessories, you'll find pricing for a DTC foot shifter. Labor is 0.6hrs to have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Hello folks,

Anyone know?
    i thought you could get the tour in manual six speed too!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    i thought you could get the tour in manual six speed too!
    You can get the tour in manual 6 speed.