Top Speed Question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Speed Question

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina

Top Speed Question

I surely do not mean to start a huge argument here about top speed. Just would like to hear some feedback. We are NOT talking SAFETY or SHOULD or SHOULD NOT go such speeds.

This is regarding the top speed of 112 MPH on the 2018 models

I remember that a year or two ago maybe earlier, that some of you on here put the torque loops and different exhausts on your F6B and then sent the ECM out to some guy in the Northeast to "remap" or "tune" the ECM after these changes were made. I noticed that one of the results of this "remapping" was the removal of the "Governor" or "Speed Limiter" Do any of you remember this?
    If so, will this be a possibility on the 2018 models?

If anyone knows who this gentleman is and has his contact information I would be willing to call him and get some information and report back.

His name is Don Guhl, Guhl Motorsports. As far as the speed limiter goes, some people say he was able to remove it successfully, some say it didn't work on their bikes. Asking him for the scoop would be a good idea.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

I will see what I can find out and report back. I will do some google work and see if I can find Contact info on him. I didnt remember his name. Thank you

I sent Don an email. If I dont hear back from him within a couple of days I will call him.

You might check with Healtech also. They have some plug & play electronics that supposedly remove the limiter on certain bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    I sent Don an email. If I dont hear back from him within a couple of days I will call him.
    History says its better to call.... he is known for not keeping up with email. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    You might check with Healtech also. They have some plug & play electronics that supposedly remove the limiter on certain bikes.

Healtech has not done squat with the GL1800 platform ( as far as the limiter goes). No confidence in support from them now.

Out of curiosity, how fast can these go without the governor... at 125 im at 4k. Cant imagine them going much faster

I'd bet it has something to do with a law suite at one time or another or the fear of them.
    I read the sport bikes are limited to 184 mph. Or some crazy MPH around that
    8-10 years ago, I was filling up my P/U and I could see the kid at the next pump was confused. He couldn't figure out how to get the gas cap open on his brand new Honda 1000cc (about) sport bike. I showed him, then he was afraid he would "get gas on the tank & melt the paint". Brand new rider, brand new bike. == I say, "I bet this thing will fly." He said he just had it up pass 150 (something) MPH and it still had more to go. === I thought, when I was his age, I would have done the same thing if M/C's would have gone that fast.

Was at a local Honda shop for a reveal of the new 1800 and the Honda rep was asked about the 112 mph limit. His explanation was that with the smaller radiators that if you pinned the throttle and held it, the bike would over heat,so with the 112 mph limit it won’t over heat.