Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
I'd bet it has something to do with a law suite at one time or another or the fear of them.
I read the sport bikes are limited to 184 mph. Or some crazy MPH around that
8-10 years ago, I was filling up my P/U and I could see the kid at the next pump was confused. He couldn't figure out how to get the gas cap open on his brand new Honda 1000cc (about) sport bike. I showed him, then he was afraid he would "get gas on the tank & melt the paint". Brand new rider, brand new bike. == I say, "I bet this thing will fly." He said he just had it up pass 150 (something) MPH and it still had more to go. === I thought, when I was his age, I would have done the same thing if M/C's would have gone that fast.

I had a 10' CBR 600, at 150 it was pretty scary: smashed face into the tank with so much wind that if you moved it would pry your body off the bike and you also tunnel vision. That being said, the distance that you actually went that fast was not very far. Now I enjoy passing sport bikes and maintaining speed for a prolonged distance, in comfort, with music playing, legs on the highway bars...and watching them scrunched down staying out of the wind