Top Speed Question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Speed Question

Land of the Free? You guys have speed limiters on your bikes. The European and Canadian bikes don't have them. I've had my 2013 up to 240 km/h ( on a closed course). That's 149 in miles. Maybe that's why we get ABS on our bikes? Not sure about the 2018s. Another member stated they were limited to preserve the engines from overheating. My Honda wrench stated that the only bikes in Honda's line up with the limiters are the scooters. He's not seen the 2018 at his shop yet.

Most vehicles get there speed limiters set based on tires. I think this is the case for the F6B also. The OEM tires on our F6B are H-rated (130mph). Most engineers and their lawyers wont push them to 100% of their rating. Take a few % off and set it a 125.

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    That is what the pre 2018s will do.

Attachment 4785
    What screen am I looking at here? All this data is very interesting. Is it a device you plug into the diagnostic port?

Looks like my Garmin GPS readout.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    What screen am I looking at here? All this data is very interesting. Is it a device you plug into the diagnostic port?
    One of the screens to be seen on a Zumo 590. Other things like altitude, fuel range and ambient temp. are also available.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Some where after the 01 Wing Honda changed to larger radiator and fans. Honda it seems may have repeated the same first year model foe paws again.
    Edit:The new Wings fans now blow out the sides rather than forward out the front as the old 1800s did.
    The 2001 - 2005 GL1800's had the small radiators. It was discovered that when ridden at "Parade" speed ( somewhere between 15-20 miles per hour) the fans would not kick in and the bikes would overheat, once you went past 20mph, you had enough airflow to cool down the radiators. The fans only kicked in below 15mph and Honda purposely designed them to blow the heat over the front wheel and not back towards the rider.

The fans only kick in at low speeds, the natural air flow above 20mph is what cools the radiators NOT the fans and when riding above 20mph, there's enough airflow that the heat is not over bearing for the rider.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I group ride a lot. Occasionally on hot days I will find myself behind a rider I my not be entirely fond of while in stop and go traffic. I’ll pull up tight behind them. When the fans come on, you can tell they are trying to figure out where the heat blast is coming from.��