Extended Warranty

Thread: Extended Warranty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    $631.11 is current cost of 4 year extended warranty. I struggle with the decision as I have just a couple weeks left on the factory warranty.

Struggled with it myself and decided to not get it. For a strange Florida reason it is more expensive in my state than elsewhere and you can't purchase it out of state as per Florida. Another factor is I have an 03 VTX in my garage with over 50K miles that has never been to a shop for any repair in 14 years. Honda quality I think. I would not be happy with paying 399 to buy and needing a repair of 350. Sounds like a 49 dollar loss to me. Plus with the warranty you have to stay on top of the Honda required maintenance and checkups which I think are excessive.

I was wondering how many ways they can decline a warranty claim due to missing a scheduled checkup or if I'm doing my own oil changes and they don't like my oil choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Struggled with it myself and decided to not get it. For a strange Florida reason it is more expensive in my state than elsewhere and you can't purchase it out of state as per Florida. Another factor is I have an 03 VTX in my garage with over 50K miles that has never been to a shop for any repair in 14 years. Honda quality I think. I would not be happy with paying 399 to buy and needing a repair of 350. Sounds like a 49 dollar loss to me. Plus with the warranty you have to stay on top of the Honda required maintenance and checkups which I think are excessive.
    You can physically take your bike to an out of state dealer and get a Warranty if you live in FL. You just cannot buy a warranty online or on the phone if you live in FL. I bought my warranty in NC where I ride in warm weather, live in Orlando. One Orlando area dealer wanted $1300 for the warranty......

I was told it depended on where the bike was registered. Is yours Florida or NC?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I was told it depended on where the bike was registered. Is yours Florida or NC?
    I bought my bike new in Brookhaven Mississippi, rode it home and registered it in Orange county...... Insurance regulations simply are made to protect the old folks from getting scammed online or on the phone from out of state insurance companies, which is what a warranty is. You have to take your bike to the out of state dealer where he can see it if it is registered in FL when you are purchasing the warranty. Some out of state dealers don't understand the law as written and won't sell you one.... Call Blue Ridge Powersports in VA.... Call Honda warranty division... All Fl dealers will tell you only they can sell you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickc View Post
    $631.11 is current cost of 4 year extended warranty. I struggle with the decision as I have just a couple weeks left on the factory warranty.
    Last April, my stealer sold me sold me the HondaCare 5-yr extended warranty for $1190 plux tax on a 2016 F6B Deluxe. Now I am feeling a bit shafted, and wondering why....
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10