Butt/showroom test today on new Wing

Thread: Butt/showroom test today on new Wing

Butt/showroom test today on new Wing

Had an opportunity to sit on and look over the new 2018 Goldwing Tour today at the dealer..Nice bike in many respects and if I were in the market for a new full size touring bike I would most definitely consider it...The bike was parked next to the new Yamaha Trans Tourer and the Yamaha is nice but way too heavy for me...Honda has it all over Yamaha in my opinion on this ride...No standard Goldwing available to sit on as yet and the dealer said by next month he should have a few more models...I see no real reason to spend another $12,000-$15,000 on a new bike right now, so I intend to keep my F6B for a while..Did not notice much difference in the seat/handlebar feel and the new models seat is a little higher than the old one which does not work for me..Sales guy said Honda has a lower seat that will be optional later on...Dash was nice, as was the windshield and controls...Engine really sticks out more that the older style as very visible...Not able to look closely, but it appears that the oil filter is much more difficult to access than the F6B without taking some body parts off...Bottom line for me is that I will most likely not buy the new model, even with a much improved suspension and other "whistles and bells", as my butt is very happy on my current ride as is my wallet!!!!....Ride safe
    Last edited by opas ride; 02-15-2018 at 11:39 AM.

I hear ya Opas... It's "new car fever" when these 2018 G\W's rolled out. Nice bikes... but I'm content with my F6B and how I've finally got it configured.

Think I need an additional 2" for my 13" Madstad windshield though, after much languishing and conjecture regarding ANOTHER windshield purchase... Will be ordering a 15" medium gray shield (only) from them later this a.m.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537