Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
I rode the new Goldwings this morning while getting new tires put on the F6B. A buddy was with me, also getting tires on his F6B. Off we go, him on the Tour and me on the Tour DCT. WOW!!! I loved it. It was better than anticipated. Smooth and precise, and so easy to ride. I played with the different modes, and the sport mode is as described, sporty. The tour mode is comfortable, and probably what I would use the majority of the time. Paddle shifting was easy, the screen is nice and large with no problems with glare, the radio is ok, but I usually ride full face wit bluetooth, so I don't see a big issue there for me. The windshield could go a tad higher (I am 6'3"), and there is more wind on the arms/shoulders, but I don't mind that as much as head buffering, which the shield did a good job of stopping. It was nice to be able to lower the shield. Cruise worked great, gear indicator is nice, controls are pretty easy to use, although it took me a bit to figure out how to change the radio stations, but I did. The suspension is excellent. Watching that front end was like watching a sewing machine going up and down. as it is "bouncing constantly, always in motion, but it works well. No diving on hard stops. The exhaust note is nice, a bit of a deep growl, with just a hint of a drone, but nothing I couldn't live with. It's is not like putting after market pipes on the f6b or anything, in fact I had to think about it to realize there was just a slight drone, but there is just a bit. The riding position is higher and more on the bike than "in" it, but it was comfortable. The DCT I rode had a backrest, the tour did not. No backrest is not an option (for me). This felt like a cross between a BMW and a Janpenese bike, in a positive way. I felt like it was the best of both worlds, a feature rich BMW coupled with the Japaense reliability. I really liked, it, and IF I were to get a new bike, it would be the DCT with no hesitation. I just can't make myself spend that kind of money on a motorcycle. Call me old fashioned, but the B runs too well, fits me too well, and I enjoy it too much to "trade up" right now. Honestly, I expected more of a let down getting back on the B, but there was none, as I enjoy the bike so much. The wife is perfectly fine with me getting one, in fact encouraging me to get one, but I just can't do it. Maybe in a couple of years and the price has come down, but I will say that bike was a pleasure to ride.
everything you said almost describes my reaction after riding exactly, except, IMO, radio at highway speed...horrible...DCT, could not get used to it in 45 minutes, I like to pull in the clutch and glide way to much to ever go DCT. If I had arthritis, DCT, if not...never. good post!!