Rode the new 2018 today....

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have the 2013 F6B that i have fixed up with accessories to the way i like it. . . i love all the new bell and whistles of the new 2018. But i have my F6B to where i want it now and see no reason to switch over and take another mortgage on. I think i will ride my paid for bike and spend the money it would have taken to pay the difference and go on some nice long bike trips. . . . . i already have a great bike that i love for now. Maybe down the line i will change my mind but for now all it really costs me is for oil changes and gas . . . . how do you like that?

I agree for now 100%..I don't ride as much as I used to and my 2013 F6B Deluxe is custom painted, Mustang seat, Baggershield, Kury grips, Cobra Pipes, new tires, and extra chrome "bling"..rides fine, runs great, paid for, and does what I need it to do...and only has 14,000 miles on the odo....At age 78, I don't need more debt and have no interest in impressing others with a new bike full of "whistles and bells"....Getting old I guess!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i have the 2013 F6B that i have fixed up with accessories to the way i like it. . . i love all the new bell and whistles of the new 2018. But i have my F6B to where i want it now and see no reason to switch over and take another mortgage on. I think i will ride my paid for bike and spend the money it would have taken to pay the difference and go on some nice long bike trips. . . . . i already have a great bike that i love for now. Maybe down the line i will change my mind but for now all it really costs me is for oil changes and gas . . . . how do you like that?
    Ditto, who knows what the future will bring but I'm happy with my 2013 F6B standard, I've got the man madstad windshield, Omni lock for cruise control, crampbuster, highway pegs, Center stand, and it's a great running vehicle! I leased an Infiniti Q50 and had to have all the bells and whistles, I'm talking adaptive cruise control, the thing practically drives itself with a technology package on it. I found I barely ever use it! So I'm sure although all the bells and whistles are nice on the Goldwing 2018, unless you're doing cross-country once a month, I don't see the need for half that stuff! I've never found a navigation that's better then my phone anyway, most of them don't see traffic unless you pay extra, Google Maps gives you the fastest route, so I'm sure I would end up using that instead of the built-in navigation, cruise is nice, but how often do you really need to take your right hand off the handle bar? Omni lock serve that purpose for a long trip, and actually does pretty well with a couple of tweaks as you're riding, twisting the throttle. Cost was 50 bucks and 5 minutes to install! So I'm agreeing with you 100% and will be letting Honda work out some bugs which I have heard quite a few now, radio volume, paint, Etc,
    Last edited by keller123; 03-18-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    When the world seems to be working against you. Drop everything and go for a ride!