Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
No argument about the top end of the C14, deb99, but I had the opposite impression about the Concour's torque down low. I still had my 99 Valkyrie at the time I test rode a new C14(2014), and I was severely unimpressed with the overall vibration and lack of low end grunt. I still like the Concours, but I couldn't wait to get back on the Valk after that ride. And other than the rider triangle being more confined, the F6b is an even smoother version of the Valk.

Jason
Jason - could not fault you on the '99 Valkyrie but it really does not compare with the performance of the C14. Not sure about the vibration you mentioned, but maybe there were probably some other issues with the one you rode. Cruizing at 110mph presented no vibration issues on the one I rode, and even without "low-end grunt", it was a great ride. Anyway, that "confined rider triangle" you mentioned on the C14 became an big issue after an hour of riding. Highway pegs helped a bit but not too much.

Reason for switch to F6B was a result the great reviews it received about it's performance and not being able to test it myself. I have since come to more fully appreciate the performance difference between sport-touring and touring-sport. After my test ride, I see the 2018 Goldwing fitting the mold of sport-touring. The issues uncovered so far I am sure will be covered under warranty. For now, I have to decide to accept trunk limitation and see what after-market options become available. If I am going to make switch, figure I'll do it now if I receive good offer on 2016 F6B since price for F6B will continue to fall from near $15k it presently commands.
Just my 2c, but be sure to keep your ride safe.