Rode the new 2018 today.... - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    SOOOOOO, the 2013 1200RT I was looking at and went and sat on has been there this entrie time, but the dealer (which is mostly a high volume Harley dealer) made it a Manager's Special, knocked another $1200 off of it, and I was still resisting it. Two weeks I've been waiting for that thing to sell. When I looked at it before, my knees were too bent, and I didn't think it would work for me. I went back and looked again today, and remembered on my GS 1200 I could raise the seat, which I could also do on this bike. That helped the knee angle quite a bit, so with lowering pegs I believe this bike will work pretty well for me. The bike has had a tip over, but only the valve cover was scratched a little (the pics were worse than in person) and there are now guards on them. Aside from that it is clean looking with just above normal wear and a few tiny rock dings on the fender. There is an aftermarket exhaust, extra bmw sockets, they are putting a new rear tire on it, and the bike has 30,000 miles on it. It has the soft bags inside the hard bags that look brand new and also the motorad bmw gps, which the salesman didn't know was in the bag. This bike is sweet, and is the blue color I prefer.

Needless to say, I am the new owner of a 2013 BMW 1200RT. The deal was too good to pass up, at $7,700.00. Riding the new GoldWing gave me the bug to buy one and have some goodies (heated grips, seat, esa, electronic cruise and even the gps) integrated into the bike/controls, but this deal should satisfy me for at least a couple of years and obviously made more economic sense. I had an ST 1300 for years and loved it, but was always envious of the goodies on the RT's.

Congratulations!
    So...are you now "RTRaider"?????

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Blimey!! I went and looked at a 2013 RT 1200 that is under $9,000.00 I don't 't think I can ride one. The pegs are too high up and set back, like a sport bike . At 6'3", I don't think my knees could take that very long. I don't believe a peg lowering kit would be enough. Another good idea gone wrong.

I noticed the BMW dealer here gets in quite a few used bikes. At 30k miles they really start to drop in value to less than 1/2. There should be many of those becoming available since the new engine is coming out and people trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Congratulations!
    So...are you now "RTRaider"?????

Cheers,
    Steve
    I joined the forum before I bought the f6b. I really need to be F6BRaider. Can a screen name be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I noticed the BMW dealer here gets in quite a few used bikes. At 30k miles they really start to drop in value to less than 1/2. There should be many of those becoming available since the new engine is coming out and people trade.
    It's fantastic!

I joined the forum before I bought the f6b. I really need to be F6BRaider. Can a screen name be changed?
    I honestly don't know....
    If you PM RickW, he can provide an answer.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    test rode the 2018 dct. Waiting for some other comments on radio. notch 30 under full face, 85mph, could not come close to hearing the radio. to make matters worse, local channel that comes in clear on f6b full of static. The radio sounded loud sitting still. Could not even hear the back speakers at hwy speeds. I did not adjust the settings before ride so just went with whatever the dealer had set up....any other radio volume complaints???
    Audio is best when used with a Sena or Cardo connected to the bike. Apple Car Play or Internet radio makes this bike a pleasure.

Personally I have never rated a bike based on audio performance as it is very low on my list of luxuries.

Ride, handling, power and the DCT make this bike a winner. I have owned 2 F6B's and a 2018 Goldwing Bagger 6spd and now have a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. The F6B is a great bike but the 2018 is motorcycling on a whole new level.

For those who love their F6B I fully support your love for the bike as I loved both of mine and never imagined it could get better.........it did with the 2018 Tour DCT.

Beagle

I have owned a lot of "Touring" bikes - 2009 HD Roadglide, 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, 2013 F6B, 2008 Road King Classic, 2013 BMWK1600GLT, 2013 Victory Vision and 2018 Goldwing Tour. I had the BMW K & the F6B at the same time. Loved the K for its power and handling. Only reason sold it was due to the leg angle - my arthritic knees could not stay in that position very long. Of all the bikes I ever owned, I thought the K1600GLT was about as good a bike you could ride with the F6B a close second. However, last year I traded in the F6B for the new Wing at Track N Trail in College Park, Pa. That is also where I bought the F6B. I live 300 miles from the place but their deals are so good, it makes the long ride worth it. The new Wing Tour (manual) is every bit as good as the BMW K1600GLT. May not have the hp of the K but it is plenty, especially in Sport mode. The handling is on par, if not better, due to the Wing lower center of gravity. I sometimes do miss the F6B for its lower seating position and more laid back ride. My Victory Vision actually reminds me a little of the F6B. The bottom line is that I have absolutely no regrets trading in the F6B for the new Wing as I believe it to be the better bike but the F6B is still a great bike.