Rode the new 2018 today....

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keller123 View Post
    test rode the 2018 dct. Waiting for some other comments on radio. notch 30 under full face, 85mph, could not come close to hearing the radio. to make matters worse, local channel that comes in clear on f6b full of static. The radio sounded loud sitting still. Could not even hear the back speakers at hwy speeds. I did not adjust the settings before ride so just went with whatever the dealer had set up....any other radio volume complaints???
    Audio is best when used with a Sena or Cardo connected to the bike. Apple Car Play or Internet radio makes this bike a pleasure.

Personally I have never rated a bike based on audio performance as it is very low on my list of luxuries.

Ride, handling, power and the DCT make this bike a winner. I have owned 2 F6B's and a 2018 Goldwing Bagger 6spd and now have a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. The F6B is a great bike but the 2018 is motorcycling on a whole new level.

For those who love their F6B I fully support your love for the bike as I loved both of mine and never imagined it could get better.........it did with the 2018 Tour DCT.

Beagle

I have owned a lot of "Touring" bikes - 2009 HD Roadglide, 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, 2013 F6B, 2008 Road King Classic, 2013 BMWK1600GLT, 2013 Victory Vision and 2018 Goldwing Tour. I had the BMW K & the F6B at the same time. Loved the K for its power and handling. Only reason sold it was due to the leg angle - my arthritic knees could not stay in that position very long. Of all the bikes I ever owned, I thought the K1600GLT was about as good a bike you could ride with the F6B a close second. However, last year I traded in the F6B for the new Wing at Track N Trail in College Park, Pa. That is also where I bought the F6B. I live 300 miles from the place but their deals are so good, it makes the long ride worth it. The new Wing Tour (manual) is every bit as good as the BMW K1600GLT. May not have the hp of the K but it is plenty, especially in Sport mode. The handling is on par, if not better, due to the Wing lower center of gravity. I sometimes do miss the F6B for its lower seating position and more laid back ride. My Victory Vision actually reminds me a little of the F6B. The bottom line is that I have absolutely no regrets trading in the F6B for the new Wing as I believe it to be the better bike but the F6B is still a great bike.