Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
SOOOOOO, the 2013 1200RT I was looking at and went and sat on has been there this entrie time, but the dealer (which is mostly a high volume Harley dealer) made it a Manager's Special, knocked another $1200 off of it, and I was still resisting it. Two weeks I've been waiting for that thing to sell. When I looked at it before, my knees were too bent, and I didn't think it would work for me. I went back and looked again today, and remembered on my GS 1200 I could raise the seat, which I could also do on this bike. That helped the knee angle quite a bit, so with lowering pegs I believe this bike will work pretty well for me. The bike has had a tip over, but only the valve cover was scratched a little (the pics were worse than in person) and there are now guards on them. Aside from that it is clean looking with just above normal wear and a few tiny rock dings on the fender. There is an aftermarket exhaust, extra bmw sockets, they are putting a new rear tire on it, and the bike has 30,000 miles on it. It has the soft bags inside the hard bags that look brand new and also the motorad bmw gps, which the salesman didn't know was in the bag. This bike is sweet, and is the blue color I prefer.

Needless to say, I am the new owner of a 2013 BMW 1200RT. The deal was too good to pass up, at $7,700.00. Riding the new GoldWing gave me the bug to buy one and have some goodies (heated grips, seat, esa, electronic cruise and even the gps) integrated into the bike/controls, but this deal should satisfy me for at least a couple of years and obviously made more economic sense. I had an ST 1300 for years and loved it, but was always envious of the goodies on the RT's.

Congratulations!
So...are you now "RTRaider"?????

Cheers,
Steve