Rode the new 2018 today.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Nice write up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Okay, I still couldn't avoid gushing, but even so here are my observations.

Closing-

I have owned a 1984 GL1200, a 1999 Valkyrie, a 2014 Valkyrie, and a 2016 F6B. I am not even close to the most experienced rider on this forum, but have had the good fortune of riding dozens of more bikes, from dirt and sport bikes and sport tourers of all stripes, to Indians, Yamahas, Triumphs, and Harleys.

This is the nicest bike I have ever ridden. By a decent margin.

The next closest, in my opinion, is the one we all own here. You know that feeling you have on most bikes that you love such and such about the bike, but you wish it had that one thing. This new Goldwing comes the closest, and it's seriously close, to checking every single one of those boxes. I really tried to play down my enthusiasm in writing this, so I didn’t spend the whole review process just beaming, even though you might not be able to tell. But I was thrilled during and after this test ride. I literally laughed out loud like a little kid every time I launched the bike from standstill in sport mode and it tore through the gears. What a bike.

Good job, Honda. Homerun.
    Is it nice enough to justify trading your 2016 F6B?
    2016 F6B
    2011 C14
    2003 C10

Please, Please, tell us if you really liked the new GW, honestly tell us. ................................. Soooooo did you put a deposit on a new one??

Inquiring minds NEED to know???? .......You gonna' get it V ????........We know you're tempted......Let us help you go over to the dark side.....You know you want it...No one does a Papal Encyclical like you did on your test ride and thinks they're gonna' sleep worth a crap until they PULL THE TRIGGER!! We'll all help you pick out the color if you're undecided
    Last edited by Walcrow; 02-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Inquiring minds NEED to know???? .......You gonna' get it V ????........We know you're tempted......Let us help you go over to the dark side.....You know you want it...No one does a Papal Encyclical like you did on your test ride and thinks they're gonna' sleep worth a crap until they PULL THE TRIGGER!! We'll all help you pick out the color if you're undecided
    LOL Walcrow, you guys are hilarious. And awesome. Like drug pushers, lol. And Deb99, it's nice enough, but I won't be trading in my B. As much as I enjoyed the ride, I never buy any new model the first year. The one big question mark in my mind about this new iteration is reliability. There are an amazing number of new moving parts on the new wing, and I'd like to let the gremlins come out, if there are any, and also for depreciation to take a whack out of that sticker before I'd feel comfortable buying. As far as the encyclical, Walcrow, lol, it doesn't take too much for me to rattle on about motorcycles. I could soliloquize a fair bit about my B, too, as much as I love it. But additionally, I felt really fortunate to get such a long test ride, and because I enjoyed it so much, and so many other guys can't ride because of the cold right now, or just haven't had the opportunity to test the new wing, I felt like I should at least share how much I enjoyed it. If I hadn't loved it, I probably would've just stayed quiet. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I'm sorry but I really prefer the look of your bike over the 2018. I think that it looks meaner!
    And thanks, stepbill. In truth, I think I'm partial to the aesthetic on the B. It fits me a little more. Besides the bags being bigger, I really love the curve on them instead of the trapezoidal look of the new bags. If I lived in a perfect world, Honda would take the new engine and DCT, and design a little lower cruiser/bagger type version of the new Wing, sort of old Valkyrie style mixed with F6B style. The new Wing without trunk is pretty close, but in my opinion, it could go a little more towards the mean and a little further from FJR. However, that's me being ridiculously picky.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Thanks.
    Pic #1 sure looks like the motor is really hanging out kinda like the BMW heads did. Looks funky from the front.
    Just my opinion, but the B looks better with the fairing hiding some of that.
    I'm with you there Bill, I saw a side by side the other day, it's like a ST1300 on roids...

Still out on the looks from the front.

I still like the B

Compared to your B, it looks like the ST1833 has moved the gauge cluster up to where the black MadStad base is located.

Made a couple of calls today to see if any of the near by Honda dealers have a new one in stock, no, will probably have to travel to the cities to look and sit on one. But I love my B and don't see myself getting rid of it.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin