Rode the new 2018 today.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Got a warm day here and test rode a non-DCT model yesterday. Not much to add from a review perspective....smooth and strong engine/tranny, front suspension and total ride quality amazing, feels very light and nimble, infotainment system very cool...etc. After talking with the sales manager and then gettin’ back on my 2015 to head home, it is just not $12,800 more bike than what I already have.....are there things that are better yes....naturally there are things I don’t like as well. I Can’t justify the investment, but I am sure many will as it is a great bike. I Will keep the B and add some more “bling”!

Nice write up Jason. The DCT and new suspension make it very very tempting. But I thought the same as Pringle and added some more "bling" to my B for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    The DCT really is a game changer. The only drawback is you will not have an excuse to buy new boots as often, since you won't keep wearing out your left toe!
    Not if you buy the foot shifter for $540

I will let the test monkeys make the bugs go away.
    I have progressive suspension sitting on the shelf for the next time I can breath as the shop is BUSY for now.

I will be ready for Cortez for sure.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Hopefully the aftermarket will come out with competing options for a fraction of the cost (read: reasonable price).

Nice write up. Sorry if I missed it, but could you talk about the riding position? I only recently sat on a later model wing (2015) and was surprised to find the leg room very lacking for someone 6'3". Is the 2018 any better in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Nice write up. Sorry if I missed it, but could you talk about the riding position? I only recently sat on a later model wing (2015) and was surprised to find the leg room very lacking for someone 6'3". Is the 2018 any better in this regard?
    I know this was intended for the OP, but I can field this one...

Yes, the '18 is much better than the '01-'17 full Wing for leg room. I am 2" shorter than you, and I felt cramped on the old full Wing. Not the new one. Plenty of room...but, of course, try before you buy.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Thanks . Yeah I think the new wing has some more room for the femurs, given that the engine has been moved forward. However, I am 6', 31" inseam, so I have a little more room than you. There was a policeman checking out the bike when I was at the dealership and he was about 6'2", and said that he had a little more trouble getting his foot under the shifter. If you opt for the DCT model, that's a non-issue. As far as reach to the bars, they are a little lower and in a very shoulder neutral position. In any case, try before you buy. . Good luck!

Jason

I took a Gold Wing Tour DCT for a 20 mile Demo Ride today and they are "sporty" especially in the SPORT Mode. Very impressive ride and handling.

Carl
    Last edited by PA_F6Ber; 02-26-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    2023 Candy Ardent Red Honda Goldwing Tour DCT 02/21/2023
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/2014
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/2005
    1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/2010

Glad to see your review. your experience supports 90% of others who have rode a F6B to the 2018 that there is an improvement, but not so much that it would warrant a new purchase
    Veteran 16 years and counting
    Think. Adapt. Anticipate.