Rode the new 2018 today.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rode the new 2018 today....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nice write up. Thanks.

Please, Please, tell us if you really liked the new GW, honestly tell us. ................................. Soooooo did you put a deposit on a new one??

Inquiring minds NEED to know???? .......You gonna' get it V ????........We know you're tempted......Let us help you go over to the dark side.....You know you want it...No one does a Papal Encyclical like you did on your test ride and thinks they're gonna' sleep worth a crap until they PULL THE TRIGGER!! We'll all help you pick out the color if you're undecided
    Last edited by Walcrow; 02-15-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Inquiring minds NEED to know???? .......You gonna' get it V ????........We know you're tempted......Let us help you go over to the dark side.....You know you want it...No one does a Papal Encyclical like you did on your test ride and thinks they're gonna' sleep worth a crap until they PULL THE TRIGGER!! We'll all help you pick out the color if you're undecided
    LOL Walcrow, you guys are hilarious. And awesome. Like drug pushers, lol. And Deb99, it's nice enough, but I won't be trading in my B. As much as I enjoyed the ride, I never buy any new model the first year. The one big question mark in my mind about this new iteration is reliability. There are an amazing number of new moving parts on the new wing, and I'd like to let the gremlins come out, if there are any, and also for depreciation to take a whack out of that sticker before I'd feel comfortable buying. As far as the encyclical, Walcrow, lol, it doesn't take too much for me to rattle on about motorcycles. I could soliloquize a fair bit about my B, too, as much as I love it. But additionally, I felt really fortunate to get such a long test ride, and because I enjoyed it so much, and so many other guys can't ride because of the cold right now, or just haven't had the opportunity to test the new wing, I felt like I should at least share how much I enjoyed it. If I hadn't loved it, I probably would've just stayed quiet. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Jason

Compared to your B, it looks like the ST1833 has moved the gauge cluster up to where the black MadStad base is located.

Made a couple of calls today to see if any of the near by Honda dealers have a new one in stock, no, will probably have to travel to the cities to look and sit on one. But I love my B and don't see myself getting rid of it.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Got a warm day here and test rode a non-DCT model yesterday. Not much to add from a review perspective....smooth and strong engine/tranny, front suspension and total ride quality amazing, feels very light and nimble, infotainment system very cool...etc. After talking with the sales manager and then gettin’ back on my 2015 to head home, it is just not $12,800 more bike than what I already have.....are there things that are better yes....naturally there are things I don’t like as well. I Can’t justify the investment, but I am sure many will as it is a great bike. I Will keep the B and add some more “bling”!

Nice write up Jason. The DCT and new suspension make it very very tempting. But I thought the same as Pringle and added some more "bling" to my B for now.

Glad to see your review. your experience supports 90% of others who have rode a F6B to the 2018 that there is an improvement, but not so much that it would warrant a new purchase
    Veteran 16 years and counting
    Think. Adapt. Anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_328 View Post
    Glad to see your review. your experience supports 90% of others who have rode a F6B to the 2018 that there is an improvement, but not so much that it would warrant a new purchase
    To many moving parts to have right the first time!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First