San Diego ride

Thread: San Diego ride

San Diego ride

I will be in San Diego for the next two weeks. I will be renting a H.D. on Feb 26 - 27. (Wish me luck)
    Last year I rode Hy74 to Palm Springs and then when to Joshua Tree National Park and back to San Diego great ride. Now I would like to go somewhere else any ideas? Up to Big Bear is one idea. Look for Route 66. Just looking for nice curvy road if anyone wants to join in let me know.

Riding to Big Bear is a good ride, if you pick up Ca-18 in San Bernadino and stay with it it will take you past Crestline, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear and then down the backside of the mountain and on to Lucerne Valley and Victorville then I-15 back down to San Diego area. Highway 18 is a neat ride. Another good ride would be Angeles Crest highway (Ca-2) from La Canada up over the hill to Cedar Springs and Wrightwood and then once again I-15 back south. A third option is Big Tijunga Canyon and Little Tijunga Canyon. There also a lot of neat roads that branch off Mulholland drive between the Pacific Coast Highway and where it joins the 405 freeway.

There lots of good rides in the area and lots of biker hangouts. Some of the better known biker hangouts are The Rock Store on Mulholland drive near Cornell, Cook's Corner in Trabuco Canyon and the Wine And Beer Garden in Temecula. Any of these will routinely have over a hundred bikes in the parking lot on Saturdays and Sundays.

74 West, Ortega highway. Hells Kitchen is on it but I think it's closed. Cooks Corner is open and on that route also.

Jack there are tons of fun roads here. PM me your email I'll send you some routes. Some of my favorites, SR76 to Mt Palomar, SR78 to Julian, SR22 to Borrego Springs.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red