Passenger backrest extension

Thread: Passenger backrest extension

Passenger backrest extension

I was going to buy the ultimate seats passenger backrest extension but when they want $15 for shipping on something that small I will let them keep it. Anyone have any links to other brands or homemade versions? I haven’t been able to come up with anything.

Av.....Made my own extension with some cheap steel flat pieces from Home Depot. Cut 2 pieces the same length, drilled the holes, sprayed them with black Flex Seal and bolted her up. The GF gave me a thumbs up as it raised the back rest 4 to 5 inches so it hits her just below the shoulder blades. Now it's a back rest and not a butt rest. Might have cost me $20 and about an hour or so. These were for a test fit and not painted yet. They worked perfect and got sprayed with 2 coats. Done deal and the GF mentioned that she no longer felt like she was going to go flying off the back when I hammered it from a green light.

That’s not bad! Might end up doing something like that vs buying one.
    I don’t mind paying for products but when the try to rape you on shipping for something they can fit in an envelope I will steer clear. They want $15 to ship to me. I shipped my russel seat from Alabama back to California for $34 with UPS. That was through my job who gets a good deal but still, it was a huge box.

That $34 is cheap. I spent about $80 to ship the stock seat from here to Russell back in July, then pay Russell the freight back to me. BUT my BUTT is very pleased to this day. New nickname is HAPPY-ASS! The steel bars were in the section with the steel rods, large steel plates, etc. I bought one 18" length and think it was 1/8" thick, so cut 2 pieces the same length and put them in the vice for drilling the holes using the stock rest holes as the template. Filed off the rough edges after cutting and bolted it together. Really took no time at all and the Flex Seal is still working great. It's the same stuff as that liquid rubber stuff and repels water and is tough to scrape off and has a matte finish to match all the stock matte black paint. When the GF messages your shoulders as you ride, you did her good by extending that butt rest.
    Last edited by Walcrow; 02-15-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Great work! = A guy that rides with us made his back rest. He started with the Honda hardware, then he used a piece of plywood & the back from a desk chair, he kept the arms on too. His new G/F seems to like it.