A bit of help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A bit of help please

A bit of help please

Well, I've finally done it. I've destroyed the reserve coolant tank, what idiot thought of putting it down so low without a cover,......Anyway, Can any one advise me on the best belly plate for the 2013 F6B, I'm looking at something that is easy to install, preferably two piece so that i can still do the oil changes. Yes I know, I should thought of that as an early accessory, not at the 70,000km mark, hind site is marvellous,

cheers and best Chris

Where'd it happen Chris, one of our brilliant roads or kerbing?

Happened on the Leichart Way on the inland road to Cairns, never ever ever ever go on this road Bryster, at the other end people were amazed that we had traversed it, apparently the road is laid on shifting soft ground. Hindsite is great hey.

I use this one, http://wingstuff.com/products/37566-...?from_search=1

Almost invisible and was easy to install and oil changes are a breeze. Strong enough I use a jack and a small board to lift the front of the bike enough to change front tire while on the center stand. It is thin enough that I think it will give a bit in case of hitting something rather than breaking off the mounting bolts.

Thanks mate, I've looked at this one on line and it looks pretty good. I'm just wondering what the general feeling of members is regarding different types.
    Cheers and best Chris

I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint.

I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint. As far as the amount of holes in the pan... it is a water cooled engine, not air cooled. I am sure that all brands of this basic design work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    I have used the Show Chrome model for over 3 years. Easy oil changes with the front section removed. It has a few scrapes and scratches. Mildly hit a few speed bumps. No Dents.... I bought the silver one for $49. and spray painted it black with outdoor grill paint. As far as the amount of holes in the pan... it is a water cooled engine, not air cooled. I am sure that all brands of this basic design work well.
    WingStuff also sells a black anodized version by Show Chrome for the same price ($49.99). I have one and it works fine. I chose the Show Chrome because the slots on the sides make installation easier. Removing the front part for oil changes could be easier because the 2 screws are tiny, but those are easy to replace with something better.

http://wingstuff.com/products/36093-...ext=belly_pans

Macgyver Belly pan is very heavy duty.I had the cheaper sheet metal type before I installed the macgyver and the light metal got beat up pretty bad over a year or so.Macgyver has been on for two plus years and looks great.Fit and install were fine-Two thumbs up IMHO.

Just to be sure. All of these cover the radiator tank. Correct??