Heated riding gear

Thread: Heated riding gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There are a variety of heated liners on the market and they all have their benefits and shortcomings. I have a First Gear heated liner and enjoy it. One its benefits is that it has a controller that is separate from the liner. I have the controller mounted on the left fairing below the radio controls with the wiring tucked inside the bike's plastics and the plug emerging from under the nose of the seat. When using the liner when I get on the bike I plug in the liner and the controller is within easy reach for heat adjustment. When I get off if I forget to unplug it (which happens occasionally) it unplugs itself. The heated liner is always on the bike in the left saddle bag and it also doubles as windbreaker when I am off the bike and walking around. I just tuck the cord into the pocket and zip the pocket closed.

I have had the heated liner for years and it I can't imagine being without it. It is much more effective than trying to layer up and I have long ago thrown away the liner that came with my riding jacket.
    Last edited by Az Wingrider; 05-07-2018 at 04:20 PM.