tour pack- trunk - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: tour pack- trunk

I went to the doc and he diagnosed that I have TRUNKINOSIS. It's similar to SEATATOSIS, but a bigger pain in the arse trying to figure out which trunk to get right for trips AND the GF's comfort. Well, I've changed to this arrangement for now, and at least the damn thing is removable in maybe 2 seconds. I went with the Twisted Throttle rack and GIVI hardware. The only issue is that when you buy the Twisted hardware kit for the GIVI, they send you bolts assuming that you don't have the deluxe with the backrest. They are not M8 in size. The M8's are needed if you are going to attach this item if you have the Deluxe version. The Dale rack was fine as he sends M8 bolts with his rack and I had to do some fiddling and add spacers when I attached the Harley King Tour Pak to the Dale rack, but it was not fun removing it....not quick detach at all and the bolts Dale sends are hex head and stick up above the surface of his rack. With this Twisted Throttle rack and hardware, I wanted flat socket head bolts that would be flush with the rack and it took forever to find the correct lengths for the front and back threads. I ended up with 55mm for the front spacers and 75mm bolts for the rear spacers, both M8. I used Dales spacers and not the Twisted Throttle spacers as they are made for the bolts supplied that are M5 or M6. I used a countersink bit on the drill to enlarge the stock rack holes to allow the flat head bolts to fit flush with the top of the rack.....almost flush, but good enough. This GIVI is the Trekker 52 liter case and it does hold 2 full sized full face helmets. I like this one but the V47 would have worked out as would the monster Maxia trunk. Bought the back rest for the GF and all is good.............FINALLY.

Well, I decided to go a different route and went with a "not your typical travel box" I bought the GIVI Outback 58 liter tour box. I really like the look, it's different, not something that you would normally see on a touring bike.

001.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

stepbill...

What do you have it mounted on? The rack looks different than the Twisted Throttle rack. Can you take some pics without the trunk and show the rack and maybe some shots from the side. I think that badboy will hold some goodies.....F6BX Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    stepbill...

What do you have it mounted on? The rack looks different than the Twisted Throttle rack. Can you take some pics without the trunk and show the rack and maybe some shots from the side. I think that badboy will hold some goodies.....F6BX Adventure.
    I'll post some pics, just need to resize them and use a photo hosting site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

This is not my bike but it is the best looking tour pack I've ever seen on a F6B.
    32350041_10212824694594629_2887298469179949056_n.jpg

Wow 2wheels thanks!, that's my bike..I just put it on and finished it up a few days ago. Its a TCMT Chopped pak for 2014 up Harleys, There sold out of California on Ebay and Amazon..with Backrest and linner they go for around 225.
    Mounted to a Dales rack using Nylon spacers and aluminum reinforce plates sandwiching the bottom of the pack. Using the spacers just like come with most of the aftermarket and Hondas rack allow you to get the angle you want.

As said before, I wanted to be a little different then the other bikes and went with a more adventure style box. It's a GIVI box and I used the Givi E251 universal monokey mounting kit on top of Dales luggage rack. I did have to trim a little of the underside of the mounting kit so that the mounting bolts of the luggage would sit flush with the mounting kit. Used a dremmel tool with a cutoff attached. Hope the photos work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Thanks stepbill. Looks great. I've got a spare Dale rack handy that might get this treatment. Appreciate the photos.

Has anyone on the forum add a 5.5" Razor Tour Pak Trunk W/Latch to their F6B using the first rack that was made for the F6B the wide one that they no longer sale, but I purchase one in 2013. This rack looks like it big enough to accommodate this Tour Pak.