Several of you own the Dale rack, including myself. I called Dale today and we had a great discussion. I told him I wanted another rack but with no holes or slits, just the 4 mounting holes for the spacers. He jumped in and told me to design whatever I wanted as to length, width, thickness, etc., and he would make it. HE suggested to have it 1/4" thick, not his current 3/16" thick rack. He's heard of several cases of thin racks breaking with too much weight on the rear of thin racks. I'm going to come up with 2 different designs and order 2 custom racks from Dale next week. One might be for the GIVI, the SHAD, or the Harley Tour Pak that I now have. My post is to let you know that we have someone who owns several Honda dealerships in Washington and is more than happy to make whatever you want for a rack that has trunk attachment issues. He is located at his South Sound Honda location in Lakewood, WA. He is aware of our rack/trunk issues and is more than willing to help solve them. I'm off to the drawing board.